How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2011
tfs star

prada.com

05-01-2012
Mr. Magic

US Elle January 2012
scanned by sister-d @ bwgreyscale

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
09-01-2012
Mr. Magic

onesixtynotepad

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
09-01-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrenateD View Post
the trouble with 'sweet' collections, as Miuccia so daintily put it, is that it almost always borders on kitschiness, and that is what she seems to have nailed smack on the head. these are clothes that have a one season shelf life, pieces that can be worn with unabashed, idiotic determination for a few months, then buried deep into the recesses of your closet the next.

i do hope Miuccia soon gets over her exploratory period of girlishness for Prada and make something dark and even deathly serious for Fall next year. considering how well crafted these clothes are won't it follow to appropriate some sense of longevity on the pieces?
This. I totally agree. I admire collections like this from afar, but I would honestly never save up and make a purchase as I just don't see any longevity or value in it.
I'd rather have an investment piece I can wear for a number of seasons rather than a pair of hot-rod inspired shoes that I can only wear for 6 months before I'm sick of them.

But then again clearly I'm not the target demographic!

trendsetter

i just saw a woman wearing these shoes. imo they look really stupid in real day life. doesn't help that the rest of her look was super conservative (birkin and blazer)

25-03-2012
front row

^Thats just a woman with too much money and not enough taste...

I love the shoes/accessories from this collection...they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea...

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

I don't think taste will ever compensate for how ridiculously silly those shoes are.

03-05-2012
Alluring

I don't know if this requires a separate thread as it looks more like a resort collection teaser, but I put it here for now so feel free to move it if necessary.

Quote:
"Le Voyageur 2012 Collection" - A capsule collection of dresses and accessories narrated through the use of brightly coloured prints and vintage references, as if gathered on a long journey.

Available from mid May @ Prada stores

Prada Facebook fanpage

03-05-2012
rising star

I'm a little iffy on this collection. The flames on the shoes might be a little overboard--I like the creativity of them, but that's about it.
And those patterns and prints look absolutely horrid from far out. They may be a little more bearable up close, but eck... I just dislike them.
I also think the slicked hair looks slightly gross. sigh.. Why do I always seem like the minority opinion on everything? haha

fashion insider

Interesting that they would come out with a resort-like collection at this time, are her race car flame dresses not doing well in the stores?

rising star

Her race car flame dresses are selling really well and so are the other RTW items and accessories. This collection is another hit for Miuccia in terms of retail sales.

04-05-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Interesting that they would come out with a resort-like collection at this time, are her race car flame dresses not doing well in the stores?
It's not resort. It's a limited edition line of only a few dresses and accessories. They launched a very similar line a couple of years ago that was only for a short time then resort followed.

From 2010:

Quote:
Prada's new line of print summer dresses is in stores early and "selling faster than an capsule collection for H&M," reports Madison Avenue Spy. Why? Well, their '50s silhouette—nipped-in waist, bell-shaped skirt—makes them hugely wearable. Their prints—many of them vintage—make them unique. And their prices—about $750 to $850—make them more affordable than most of what Prada has to offer.
· Perfect Prada Dresses [Madison Avenue Spy]
racked

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, milan, prada, s or s