How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
trendsetter

I was just about to say the same about the shoes, how can somebody design something so ugly.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

totally bad... the only nice thing is the black coats with the white flowers. but seriously...the shoes...i hate it now they will be EVERYWHERE

Team Elise

ninjas and geishas are not happy.

20-09-2012
Fat Karl

Wow. The clothes are fantastic! This is a real nice return to Prada DNA, in my opinion. The first half reminds me a lot of Fall/Winter 2005 and the second half is like a hybrid of Spring 2002, 2003 and 2004.

I love, love, love the colors - black, red, dark green, and the lightest pink and the lightest mint. Gorgeous. Super cute shapes here and I adore the wraps here! Especially the white fur one worn off the shoulder, and the model clutching her bag at her chest. Now that's a look I can get into!

Only thing I'm not super crazy about are the shoes, which seems to be the sentiment of the thread so far. On some looks I get it...others...I'm not so sure.

Geometric Discharge

The vast majority of the collection was truly, quite hideous, including all of the accessories, but Prada did what it does best - Prada, with all of it's power and influence has shown the other houses a different way to go.
Everyone is so stuck on this sort of Western Cristobal Balenciaga kimono-sleeve volume mixed with Celine minimalism or the minimalism from Prada's spring 2011, now Prada shows Japanese minimalism, backed up by the Eastern feel to Proenza Schouler's winter collection and the like.
I reiterate: I think everything is ugly, but the Eastern Minimalist mood is fresh.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

My first thought about the shoes is that they tried to avoid all the models falling again (Spring 2009) so they remove the shoes and send them in socks.

20-09-2012
Hell on Heels

the shoes are horrifying.

i absolutely love the last part of the collection, with the lighter tones, it's fantastic tailoring and everything looks so light and yet well constructed.

the first part felt too repetitive and i don't get fur coats for spring, but miuccia knows best, i guess

20-09-2012
front row

Was expecting quite a lot from Prada....the clothes are quite nice but the shoes.....reminds me of the tabi shoes and meadham kirchhoff....

20-09-2012
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
My first thought about the shoes is that they tried to avoid all the models falling again (Spring 2009) so they remove the shoes and send them in socks.
lol i felt the exact same way. it's possibly what happened by the way

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Some mini dresses as well skirts were actually cute and lovely but again the shoes- it´s so sad what she did to the feet.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4etozavsi4ko View Post
^Who cares It`s one of the ugliest thing that I have ever seen
Everyone has a taste, that´s for sure.

20-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

Looking at the collection images again after watching the live stream I've realized what spoilt this (aside from those awful shoes)... the floral prints, if you take away those awful, childlike floral motifs the pieces are quite beautiful, the overall silhouettes, fabrics, structures are quite nice.

After the spectacular S/S 13' collection for men I was expecting something along those lines for women, but I'm absolutely shocked that this is what we got.

The shoes were awful, the overall concept was quite genius but the final article was a disaster, those metallic camel-toe socks that screamed Martin Margiela were incredibly ugly and those flat-form/geisha sandals were just hideous, I just cannot see how the footwear will be interpreted for the customer because they seem very impractical.

I do however love all of the fashion editors tweets regarding the collection, calling it 'sheer genius' it proves shove a Prada label on any old piece of tat and they'll buy it with Miuccia's seal of approval, it had potential but sadly it fell flat, and as I said to someone else, we were given such an epic Fall collection and we get this for spring ?

I did however love the set, as always.

I think however this is probably one of those collections that was executed atrociously on the catwalk but once broken down in store it'll be pretty successful and quite tasteful, but the styling really didn't help this for me.

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 20-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

guys, was I the only one who loved this?! I love how Prada always sound ironic, I love how they used the japanese influence, I loved the flower prints, the furs, even the shoes I thought were great. I adored it!

windowshopping

The socks are made from leather maybe this are the new shoes?

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

a bit underwhelming at times (and scary, i.e. shoes), but the dresses and coats are really brilliant in their simplicity and elegance

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, milan, prada, s or s