How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPedro View Post
guys, was I the only one who loved this?! I love how Prada always sound ironic, I love how they used the japanese influence, I loved the flower prints, the furs, even the shoes I thought were great. I adored it!
Nope! You're no the only one

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

my senses were attacked - eyes and my ears - even the music was
NERVE-WRACKING

20-09-2012
tfs star

this is the most ridiculous pieces from miuccia. japanese influence...i just don't get it, only with that tabi shoes? maybe she doesnt have time to finish the details or the dress. for me, it's all coming from a fashion school parade, not from Prada.
i was wondering how the campaign looks like with that hair and those clothes, regarding she always bring magic to her campaign with meisel.

20-09-2012
trendsetter

Maybe she was inspired by now so popular barefoot running shoes.

I agree with Chanelcouture09, the collection is ruined also by the floral prints/embroidery, the silhouettes are not bad.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

If this collection were produced under a 'lesser' brand, it would be called irrelevant. But since it's Prada, it will be considered innovative and ground-breaking.

Anyway, I thought it was more accessible upon the initial viewing than some of Prada's other recent collections. Some of it is quite pretty actually. For some reason it reminded me a bit of Miuccia's recent collection for Miu Miu (the one with all the printed fabric blocking) but it's still more in line with what I would imagine from Prada. The shoes (if you can even call some of them that) were undoubtedly hideous. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they sell well.

backstage pass

i wouldn't be surprised if she made this collection in 2 weeks as well..

20-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
The vast majority of the collection was truly, quite hideous, including all of the accessories, but Prada did what it does best - Prada, with all of it's power and influence has shown the other houses a different way to go.
Word!

Dear Lord, those shoes.
The 2nd part of collection is much better. Loved some dresses and coats, but still really dissapointed with her inspiration this season. Everytime I feel Miuccia is trying and pushing over the edge with her 'different' (and 'ugly'). It's too much.

20-09-2012
windowshopping

The socks were the best part of the show for me... this way I can wear Prada socks (shoes) even when i am at home... they are very comfortable for sure... I only missed flare pants! I want them to be in fashion next spring!

20-09-2012
backstage pass

One for the Eastern market? Do luxury consumers in the East want to look quite so..Eastern? Not a question I have an answer to. Anyone?

I read an article/discussion about luxury brand's share price prospects after the top has come off of growth rates in China. The share price bubble has all been due to growth in demand in Eastern markets. The writer who advocated continued support for the shares of one particular luxury brand did so on the basis of the strength of their offering.

Is this a strong offering for the consumer of luxury in the East? personally I don't know but suggest that that may well be the most relevant context, standpoint, from which to critique the work.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
My first thought about the shoes is that they tried to avoid all the models falling again (Spring 2009) so they remove the shoes and send them in socks.
I seriously doubt that considering Miuccia said she enjoyed seeing the models falling at that show.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelover8 View Post
The socks were the best part of the show for me... this way I can wear Prada socks (shoes) even when i am at home... they are very comfortable for sure... I only missed flare pants! I want them to be in fashion next spring!
But isn't the point of wearing Prada is to have people see you wear it and be envious of you?

front row

20-09-2012
Fat Karl

....here we go again with the same story, every season, every year..."if this were another brand, you'd all hate it." Well, considering it seems like more than half the people here hate it, I find that argument pretty invalid.

And ultimately, this argument never really works because in the end, this wasn't another designer, it was Prada. So one has to assess it as a Prada collection. I think CryingDiamonds said it best - whether or not you actually like the physical collection, you can't deny the influence that Miuccia has on this industry. Since Philo has been at Celine everyone and their mother have been copying her very European sense of minimalism. This is an interesting proposition from Prada - if we're all going to do minimalism, why not look to the culture that practically invented it - Japan!

I like this collection a lot. I think it's smart, I think it's cheeky, I think it's stylish. And I can see these pieces being taken apart and looking fantastic on so many different women.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
But isn't the point of wearing Prada is to have people see you wear it and be envious of you?

yes, that is one point.. but it will be amazing to wear those barefoot sock-shoes at home watching a movie

20-09-2012
fashion elite

Clothes no soo bad i like, but that "Fivefingers" OH NO!

Last edited by Fatalefashion; 20-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, milan, prada, s or s