How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
fashion elite

Clothes no soo bad i like, but that "Fivefingers" OH NO!

Last edited by Fatalefashion; 20-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Since it's all about the accessories...

nowfashion

V.I.P.

nowfashion

V.I.P.

nowfashion

tfs star

the bad news is, those shoes are probably here to stay.
the good news is: awesome tailoring, awesome soundtrack, and i also really loved the flower prints. i adore how prada is always so coherent and harmonious as a whole, there's not one single element that doesn't fit. except for, well, the shoes, which is quite an important element i'll have to admit.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

It reminded me a bit of the early-2000 collections, very girly and clean but extremely provocative. The Japonese influence was quite a surprise, it went from sexy geisha to Harajuku school girl. I loved the folding and draping of some of the pieces, like those coats almost falling off the shoulders and the skirts. I even liked the furs, they didn't look heavy for spring, the flower appliqué was really pretty. The clean and minimal feeling is really the strong message for me.

As for the shoes, well... this all I can say :

Last edited by Marc10; 20-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Especially the white fur one worn off the shoulder, and the model clutching her bag at her chest. Now that's a look I can get into!
That was my absolute favorite look.

I quite liked some of the looks in the first half, especially the green coat, but some of the flower prints lookd like Comme des Garcon's. The collection improved big time by the second half. The colors were delicious and so were the silhouettes with the exaggerated waist. And call me crazy but I like the embellished platforms.

V.I.P.

It's not really as bad as people are saying. I didnd't really enjoy the beginningbut it all went smoothly from look 11 onward. I really love the mini skirt with the black appliqué flower, and the following coat. The flower square print collars are also really good. And the kimono tops are probably my favorites. I think we can all agree those shoes needs to be burned, though. Yikes. I think the only reasonable ones are the ribboned sandals with socks (or is it an enitre piece?), otherwise, it's all one big oy vey.

Last edited by StoneSkipper; 20-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
....here we go again with the same story, every season, every year..."if this were another brand, you'd all hate it." Well, considering it seems like more than half the people here hate it, I find that argument pretty invalid.
Even British Vogue believes so

Quote:
In fact there was only one place those blooms didn't get a look in and that was the shoes - and that's because when it comes to the shoes, Prada likes to propose a whole new challenge for them of their own. Geisha block platforms anyone? Or perhaps some golden sock booties complete with ribbon thong detailing? It was that Prada mind game at work again - from anyone else and you'd be likely to think twice, but not with these, Prada style.
vogue.co.uk

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

bizzare as Prada's collections usually are but it will grow on people aND soon it will be the most worn collection on the carpets...along with the shoes...I can already see Rihanna in them

rising star

I really cannot understand why there is so much hate. I absolutely loved this collection especially the shoes (yes I said it ). The idea behind the collection was very basic but I really admire the translation and execution. This was a very unexpected, weird, bold and interesting collection. All the things one would expect from Prada; quirky elegance at its best!

20-09-2012

Certainly bold. Interesting or innovative? That's up for discussion...

V.I.P.

i think its a magnificent collection that presents composure, sultry elegance of asian cultures, strict sharp cuts... all gift wrapped with wack job prada tabis. the flat leather ones i quite like.

the prints on the smooth silk seem to float.

20-09-2012
front row

This is like those collections that you hate at first but then you realize that it wasnt that bad and you start seeing every beautiful detail it has (at least for me). I loved it, and i liked the socks and the shoes because they stand out and they have very interesting thing to look at, i dont know how to say it but i love the way it completes the whole look. It isn't my favorite collection from Prada but i still love it.

front row

This shoes are rediculous it seems like prada is traying to design for a quirky Asian Market

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, milan, prada, s or s