How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2006
barcode

That white column gown is classic perfection, but shown with giant black plastic sunglasses it looks so cool.

17-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastry
Lena has full access to WWD, i believe...
yes! where are you, darling?

17-07-2006
rÍverie

^ yep. please share. i'd love to see those collections mentioned.

17-07-2006
fashion icon

I'm anxious to see more, I love it so far (especially that jacket).

17-07-2006
windowshopping

Here's the rest:

Rochas: A single piece of African fabric found in a secondhand shop doesn't sound like a promising road to chic. But in the hands of Olivier Theyskens anything is possible, as he proved with his beautiful pre-spring collection for Rochas. Theyskens took the cloth in question, had it replicated in Mali, and used it for an elegant military-style jacket in cotton. Theyskens applied an African theme in abstract ways elsewhere, with a flower-print dress the designer said was his way of doing tie-dye in an "urban way." Equally alluring were little silk dresses for hot summers, Japanese overdyed denim with ribbon details at the pockets, and cashmere and linen jackets. Much of it came wrinkled and washed, in a palette of soft grays and blacks, offset by a strong flash of red or yellow. "It's meant to be easy and not fussy to care for," the designer explained. Otherwise understood: insouciantly sophisticated.

Azzaro: Taking her ultraglamorous Azzaro look in exciting new directions, Vanessa Seward showed plenty of steamy eveningwear, but she also gave her pre-spring collection a flirty attitude with a handful of new, younger silhouettes. A drop-waist party dress sparkled with bands of Swarovski beading, while Seward paired a trim tank with sailor pants done up with crystal buttons and showed a cashmere twinset with a boldly bowed miniskirt.

Martin Margiela: Taking the old and making it new is a time-tested formula chez Martin Margiela. The experimental Belgian designer stuck to this mantra with a handful of his so-called artisanal confections he presented at his showroom. And though there was a faint connection to be made between these handmade, limited-edition pieces and the couture, his designs were more homespun than haute. Think recycled fur jackets reassembled into coats and tops, old leather trenchcoat belts used for a jacket, or used "little girl" dresses in chiffon and lace sewn together into a billowing top. For an alternative to formal wear, how about a blouse made of dozens of antique bow ties? That's got to be some poor little rich girl's idea of puttin' on the Ritz.

Anne Valerie Hash: Summer seems to be getting hotter and hotter, and Anne Valerie Hash proposed her own solution to global warming with the spring-summer ready-to-wear collection she showed here during the couture: short and transparent. Her diaphanous tops came with short striped shorts or micro-pleated skirts. Though much of her sweetly sexy collection would be hard to wear in the street ó without getting some salacious stares from the guys ó Hash balanced the whole with a smattering of great blouses, decorated with ribbon details at the neck or with ruffles.

wwd.com

17-07-2006
front row

Well, I wanted to post more, but the thread has a topic called "Lanvin Pre-Spring." That is why I didn't continue on other collections. (A little acknowledgement would be nice. )

Last edited by pasfoti; 17-07-2006 at 01:24 PM.
17-07-2006
backstage pass

I know this topic has gone a bit all over the place from that suggested by the "lanvin Pre-Spring 2007" title, but I can't believe I am still waiting for pics from the Chloe cruise 07 collection as it was shown during mens fashion week in Paris. I was looking forward to seeing it as apparently it references 70's chloe...

17-07-2006
rÍverie

oops sorry. thanks siesta and sistermoda! those are great. i love those belgians! i'd love to see more. azzaro seems interesting. rochas is one of my favorites so i'm thrilled to see more thanks again!

17-07-2006
V.I.P.

I've never seen Lanvin before Spring 2006, so I don't know much about the spirit of the brand, but this doesn't really look like the fall collection. I always like to see when designers use resort and prefall collections to blend their seasons together, and this looks a lot more like Yves Saint Laurent's resort line.

18-07-2006
V.I.P.

i love the rochas pieces!! thanks for posting, sistermoda.

18-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siesta
Well, I wanted to post more, but the thread has a topic called "Lanvin Pre-Spring." That is why I didn't continue on other collections. (A little acknowledgement would be nice. )
hm, i know, but i was unsure how i should call it else....."Paris resort collections", maybe?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, collections, prespring