How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2011
front row

I actually liked this collection. When I saw the first few pieces, i was completely unimpressed, but as the collection progressed, I saw the cool almost Missoni-like dresses, and again, I kind of saw a little Balenciaga in there as well. The prints towards the end, and the over sized Matrix-like coats were magnificent.

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

I am waiting for images to fully digest the show, but on first impression, those skirts with the fringes were stellar keepsake pieces, as were those long boxy black tuxedo jackets - just gorgeous. I also thought the final two flowing dresses looked really pretty, the way the printed velvet reflected the light.

16-02-2011
tfs star

PS are on their game. Loving this.

fashion elite

Proenza Schouler - F/W 11.12 - Full Fashion Show (Exclusive on You Tube)

V.I.P.

Not a fan , last season was waay stronger , the pants are hideous , look like beach pants tourists get for 10 dollars

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

Yes, the shoes and clutches were great too! Methinks this is a hit collection. Some of the structured "folding" on the skirts was fabulous.

16-02-2011
Fat Karl

There's always something lacking from their collections that keeps me from truly loving it. It's as if they had a great idea, but didn't push it far enough. There's something very "Parsons" about their work, and I think that is what is really holding them back.

The music is really good, though.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 28-03-2011 at 12:03 AM.
16-02-2011
fashion insider

Proenziaga strikes again

16-02-2011
backstage pass

The shoes were just scrumptious!

16-02-2011
V.I.P.

I love their proportions, and this collection is quite interesting in that regard. However, I'm not overly keen on the tribal aesthetic. It looks very much like what they do for Cruise / Resort / Pre-Fall. I always look to their in-season collections for that New York uptown glamour that they mix so well with their "street" aesthetic.

I think the problem here is that there are simply too many prints and patterns. It would have been much stronger if they had chosen two or three prints and made a statement with them. Perhaps thats just my own observation, but I think that at present, all the prints make the collection seem very wishy-washy.

16-02-2011
scenester

The velvet and asymmetry was what had me clinging on, but I agree with what others had said - that there was something lacking. I feel as if they wanted to try something new while still maintaining that Proenza aesthetic. Or am I the only one that feels that way?

And the colour palette was too boring.

I don't know, I feel like they almost got it right but something was missing. Just can't pin point it.

V.I.P.

looks good

17-02-2011
tfs star

Definitely one of my favourite collections of NYFW this season!

17-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holaloha View Post
I actually liked this collection. When I saw the first few pieces, i was completely unimpressed, but as the collection progressed, I saw the cool almost Missoni-like dresses, and again, I kind of saw a little Balenciaga in there as well. The prints towards the end, and the over sized Matrix-like coats were magnificent.
Same here. Some dresses in the middle till end safed it for me.
I've seen better though and of course I'm thinking on last seasons collection

Quote:
The velvet and asymmetry was what had me clinging on, but I agree with what others had said - that there was something lacking. I feel as if they wanted to try something new while still maintaining that Proenza aesthetic. Or am I the only one that feels that way?
I party agree. There was something lacking, but for me it more was the definition of something new. Many pieces reminded me of last season but only from its approach and the way it got finished at the end didn't have this catching affect to me.
There's something missing to me as well, something that makes me fall in love with their collections how I use to do but I just don't know what.

V.I.P.

The pleasant thing about Proenza Schouler is that they're consistently good.

This collection doesn't overwhelm me but I can't find many flaws either. Compared to last season's outstanding collection there is definitely something lacking, as some of you have already said. I for one am not a fan of the color palette. However I find the colors and patterns do work well with the cuts and shapes and there is something interesting and beautiful about every single one of the outfits which makes the collection very strong. It's definitely one of my favorite NYFW collections of this season and I'm really happy that PS delivered yet again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, proenza, schouler, york