How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

Does anyone know who styled this?

16-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Does anyone know who styled this?
I'm not sure, but all of their campaigns have been styled by Marie Chaix so chances are high she styled this too.

When in doubt, wear red.

As far as I'm concerned Jack and Lazaro are rulling NY fashion scene. This collection is truly impeccable.
Of course there's a strong Balenciaga influence and maybe a little bit of Céline but seriously what do you wanna say when the result is so brilliant.
The level of execution is absolutely impressive, the colors and the prints that make surprising apparition at the end literaly won me over. And then of course you have all the little details on the clothes but also in the general that makes this collection so regal.
First of all the silhouette I didn't see any other show which offered such flattering silhouette, the pants were baggy but so perfectly cut. They definitely gonna make women butt look supa fine. Same for the shorther lenghts, they really give a beautiful figure.
Then you have the extraordinary accessories. Those fur bags and clutches are just pure sickeness. The design is quite conservative and the fur they chose isn't very bold or edgy but they make it look so effortlessly cool. The footwear is really great as well.
I should talk about the details on the clothes, the way they make coats in very lousy way but still very craming, the skirt on Hanne Gaby makes go nuts same for the coats on Sigrid and Aymeline
Looking at the show I see a strong Samourai influence. Asia seems to be one of the main inspiration this season. But as always they manage to put their DNA on this inspiration. You find this young and modern and sexy girl that strangely have this little ladylike flair but is pure edginess.
Moreover the show is very coherent. The styling is fantastic because the evolution in the collection is perfect, very natural and easy to take. The whole show is just straith to the point.
Yes they're making a bit of a Balenciaga repeat, but they do it by taking out all the pretention and just making women look incredibely alluring. If they wanna impress they're gonna make through great lines, great shapes, perflectly placed zippers, delicious prints and craftmanship or open backs that won't affect the shape of a top but instead make it even more flattering.
Sorry for the long post but I'm just so happy to see designers that still manage to suprise and impress me. Once again they make wanna be a girl to be able to wear every single piece. I persist this is the best show of NY fashion week.

V.I.P.

I just can't get enough of this. Seems like you can stare at it forever finding a new detail/combination/twist each time. The colours are phenomenal, the styling impeccable and the shoes(accessories in general) is just what the fashion market needs today.

The oversize stuff is so well made, looks almost painted. I appreciate the fact that they can pull it of harsh but then tone it down with the styling/hair/mkeup at the same time.

Definitely the best collection of the NYC fw12/13.

16-02-2012
lost in thought

Well, if other brands have already pioneered this look, then they sure make it desirable, and very true to their aesthetic. Bravo to them!

16-02-2012
front row

this is a great Collection and i see sales sales sales.... but this is Celine,Balenciaga and Givenchy Edited into a NY collection

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

fashion elite

Loved!

rising star

the b word.
how can everyone say its a clear reference of Balenciaga and then say "but its amazing?" one collection could not happen without the other! this is like a band covering a song. The music and lyrics are not theres, its just the way they are singing it. i think everyone is raving here about this collection because it is familiar and that is what we are reacting to. we have seen it before somewhere and now it has grown on us and we like it. i like this to, but i can no i am reacting to it because its familiar. we must give credit to the ones who pioneer the look already. These are the ones who are cutting the path for everyone else to follow. I think reviewers should be wary of giving it raven reviews without acknologing the clear balenciaga-celine similarities. it wouldn't be a success without it. i think it can be said for many shows in new york as well. its fine to reference other works, but it should be taken as such.

16-02-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
] we must give credit to the ones who pioneer the look already. These are the ones who are cutting the path for everyone else to follow. I think reviewers should be wary of giving it raven reviews without acknologing the clear balenciaga-celine similarities. it wouldn't be a success without it. i think it can be said for many shows in new york as well.
I totally agree. Seeing as fashion is an art as well as a commerce, credit really needs to be given to the innovators. While PS did a good job of taking the more avant garde designs of Ghesquiere and making them wearable, we should really give credit to him for designing those in the first place, back when they were actually cutting edge. I have no problem with taking inspiration from other designers, but the PS show was just a bit too similar for me. They are great designers and I would have loved to see them do something more original.

17-02-2012
barcode

I'm going to take issue with the opinion floating around that this looks like Balenciaga. I disagree. More than looking like Ghesquiere's work I think it feels like some of the things he's done at Balenciaga, there's a Balenciaga vibe to it. The similarity is there, but I don't think it's right on the surface. It's the attitude. It's the stiff, aggressive shape. It's the clash of history and the street in the same garment, the mix of something that feels very refined with something that feels very rough.

I don't know, maybe that's just me, but my take isn't so much that the clothes actually resemble Balenciaga, more that they share a sensibility.

17-02-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
It's a great collection, but all I can think of is Balenciaga.
same thoughts here

17-02-2012
rising star

i think this is why people feel the B word.

(all images style.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00070m.jpg (97.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 00230m.jpg (86.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 00210m.jpg (97.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 00130m.jpg (79.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 00290m.jpg (97.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 00300m.jpg (97.7 KB, 2 views)

17-02-2012
fashion icon

^Other than asymmetrical skirt hems those clothes don't look anything alike to me.

17-02-2012
backstage pass

Yeah, I soooo disagree with the Balenciaga comparison....those pictures look nothing like the PS, save for the colors (and really, you can't judge two designers based on color)...in the first one and the asymmetry in the last skirt. I thought this collection was super. It was really, really strong and very clear. Loved the asymmetrical jackets, the oversized shirts with the opening in the back and the pants were incredible, almost like sailor pants! Loved the boots too!!! I think there is a trend going around on tFS of saying "this looks like this" or "he/she was so inspired by" and I am just as guilty as the next!

Like Spike said, there is B a vibe. But on the surface, the reference is barely visible. And if things are getting repetitive it's only on account of editors, etc. who can't seem to move past the current look/s that seem to be dominating the industry.

And the dresses with the brocade and peacocks-that is what modern, stunning and covetable fashion looks like, me think!

Last edited by TianCouture; 17-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, proenza, schouler, york