How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-02-2013
army of lovers

This is so familiar. Very nice reproductions.

13-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

Another season and another best NYFW show for Proenza Schouler (so far). This collection is so refreshing and pleasing for the eyes. They worked with a very limited color palette and quite a depressing no matter what Anna Wintour will say but managed to give a whole new meaning to graphic through it. More precisely through their use of shades and prints. It’s almost like a literal interpretation of 50 shades of Grey and I love it. I feel like re-discovering the beauty of this color with this presentation.

I love the accentuated femininity approached in a very depressed and almost insecure way. There was this strong tension when the girls were walking, a very captivating and engaging tension although upsetting. When the first looks came out, I had this image of asylum patients or nurses, the girls really looked unstable. They’re fragile and seemed to urge for protection with the amazingly tailored outerwear yet doesn’t quite managed to so. However my first impression lead to the one of the leading lady of a hit TV-show from the 60s whose color and shine faded away through the years.. The retro inspiration is obvious in the cuts and silhouettes: a lot of 60s with some touch of 80s and a little bit of 70s especially with the last two dresses that were very Proenza.

However what really strikes me is the snowy TV pattern inspiration which I think is incredible, the use of prints is simply incredible!! It creates such an interesting and unique graphic aspect. They, for me, present here a whole new take on volume that instead of concrete “3-D” volumes by layers and fabric they rely on the power of the eye with “trompe l’oeil” and prints to create a volume. This single aspect of the collection makes it so unique and makes up for some reminiscent pieces of other designers which for me don’t even matter. Because this collection is a fashion statement!

It's wearable, chic, feminine, strong, and commercial but also editorial fitting without fuss. It’s very true to whom they are and actually some looks felt very early Proenza to me. They don’t throw trends after trends to our face. The accessories are cute and precious, the simplicity is alluring, the eveningwear is on point, the daywear as always is as Hitchcockian as it is delish. We have flattering silhouettes presented in in their ladylike aesthetic but young and hip, the tiny little use of color was just right, some layering and lace all together perfectly handled… I could go on and on. My only regret is the fur skirts ; I don’t feel like it was necessary. This being said it’s 3 AM here and I couldn’t be happier to have stayed awake to watch this live. Thanks and bravo to Jack and Lazaro.

fashion icon

I would literally wear everything in this collection. Absolutely my favourite this season

13-02-2013
backstage pass

Best. Collection. Of. NYFW. In love with every piece of every look.

13-02-2013
backstage pass

Well I didn't find it bad, but I did find it really dull. Alot of the silhouettes and cuts looked like things from their spring 2011 and fall 2011 collection. I liked most of the short looks with with big coats over them and the tweed looks with chain mail tops.

V.I.P.

I like the mixed prints (TV snow, as Wolkfolk so excellently puts it!) and asymmetry. Oh, and I actually like those feather skirts! :p

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 13-02-2013 at 11:50 PM.
14-02-2013
scenester

Loved this collection. The textures look amazing, and you can see the craftsmanship in their clothing. IMO they are the hardest working designers in NY.

14-02-2013
windowshopping

I love every single look of this collection.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

sooo good! this is exactly what fashion should look like in an ideal world

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

I really what they are doing more and more. They really have evolved!! They cut and fit while akin to Pheobe's Celine!

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

It's all so beautiful...

14-02-2013
backstage pass

I love every single look. It's very chic, clean, and beautiful.

14-02-2013
Hell on Heels

there's a lot of balenciaga and celine here, but it still looks good - except for the 2 outfits with the furry skirts, those need to go. but, and that's a first for me with PS, i'm completely in love with the last 4 looks. so so good. i would've loved it if there was more of 'that' in the collection

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

HQs

style.com

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, proenza, schouler, york