How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

style.com

14-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
I was quite floored by each and every piece (Save for the feathered skirts perhaps). Everything was absolutely pristine in motion.
These are my sentiments too, even about the feather skirts.
As soon as Sasha Pivovarova stepped out in that incredibly cut white jacket with the kimono sleeves my first thought was "This is the Proenza Schouler boys' Balenciaga." And that's not because I saw references to Ghesquiere's work. I don't see Celine either.
PS have a way of designing and putting outfits together that makes them stand out in NY. The A-line skirt that sat on the hips; the white textured coat worn over black then over a white shirt; the delicate but modern lace finale dresses that overlapped and became opaque; the chainmail top with an open back; the details on one hip of an extremely simple shift dress..
I'm posting this from my phone these are what I remember from the livestream at 1AM this morning.
Additionally, this is the second NY designer I've seen that has used bags as, not just part of the outfit, but as if they were part of the garment - bags made from the same patterned fabric as the jacket, camouflaged under the arm of the wearer, as if a removable pocket. The other designer was Phillip Lim.
I think PS have achieved it's goal of showing a collection conveying the brand now it has grown up - it is mature, wearable, beautiful, but still with the childish technical experiments which so lacks in New York.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I always consider them the kings of bright/bold colors, so it's cool to see them take on a completely muted palette and execute it just as brilliantly. Utter class, I love it all. Not only the best of the week, but the best of the week BY FAR.

14-02-2013
fashion elite

i really enjoyed this show. it's a great interpretation of minimalism for the Proenza girl. They really seem to have pinned down their brand identity and who exactly the Proenza girl is.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Haven't loved a collection from them this much in a while. The first few looks were my favourites.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

I love this and quite surprised by the appearance of sasha

14-02-2013
backstage pass

First PS collection ever that I like. Yeah, you can catch their inspirations of bigger designers, but they didn't rip off the designs-- they interpreted it, and made it their own, and they did it so very well. Really solid collection.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I always consider them the kings of bright/bold colors, so it's cool to see them take on a completely muted palette and execute it just as brilliantly. Utter class, I love it all. Not only the best of the week, but the best of the week BY FAR.
I think that's why I'm a bit 50/50 with this collection. I love many of the pieces, but it's just not exciting me as usual. If anything, it's somewhat of a letdown. Then again, I need to stop comparing it to their previous collections and this ranks low to last Fall/Winter.

backstage pass

For whatever reason, right or wrong, I was immediately reminded of Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

15-02-2013
backstage pass

amazing, no words to describe my passion for this collection ♥

15-02-2013
V.I.P.

i am not a fan of monochrome really, but this is too good the details are amazing. and i like the shoes.

V.I.P.

The cuts are great as always, but compared to previous collections this one is very plain.

16-02-2013
tfs star

Pieces are good, but kinda boring!

16-02-2013
trendsetter

I agree with FakeFlower. Yet still one of the best collections last week.

16-02-2013
Once King

Seeing the detail shots really helped me appreciate this seasons collection a lot more. The materials they made use of is very strong as well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, proenza, schouler, york