Proenza Schouler F/W 14.15 New York - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-02-2014
fashion icon

Their prints are always masterful and look really cool but I agree that this Balenciaga inspired thing they are doing is getting too stale already. There's no doubt that they make beautiful clothes but other than the prints nothing really excites me anymore.

backstage pass

This show was incredibly boring to watch. It felt so forced and uncool, exactly what PS isn't. Last seasons was so fluid and chic, but this seems too uptight and too rigid. Everyone else has already noted designer references, but my beef is really with the colors. They're kind of clinical and not very exciting. They always have great prints so I'll give them that, but the structure of their jackets, dresses and even some trousers is way too staunch for my liking...

tfs star

I really like this, much better than their spring collection. Not usually a fan of print, but I think they were superbly done here - plus much of it wasn't actually "print," but jacquard and embroidery. The fabrications are just amazing.
Ghesquiere's influence is strong in this one, but I loved that they returned to some of their past glories, kind of a greatest hits - the shapes of Fall 2013, patchwork of Spring 2013, skirts of Fall 2012, bustiers of Fall 2003 - most of which could be traced back to Ghesquiere but doesn't take that much away from this impressive collection.
Knowing what keeps their business growing, there was no shortage of incredible bags, from the mink clutches to the croc totes, all poised to be big sellers. The cocoon leather jacket in look 28 is sure to be another great seller. My favorite of NY.

V.I.P.

^ I did like the shoes and clutches...

Some of the prints reminded me too much of rebound foam or something.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
13-02-2014
V.I.P.

I thought it was brilliant. Yes there's a heavy Balenciaga influence, but they've been influenced by mid-entury Couture architecture, but at least unike many other they always put a modern and fresh spin to it. There's also some early 60's Courrèges. The texture on the jacquard, the prints and the colours were phenomenal. They are always the highlight of NY for me.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
13-02-2014
V.I.P.

What are those prints supposed to resemble? Is it "earthy" materials like rocks and wood? Quite frankly, it's actually repulsing me. It doesn't feel like it's supposed to be wrapped around a woman's body. It's actually freaking me out. And I find the colors so aggressive and violent... I swear it looks like something out of a horror movie (and not in a good way). But I do like most of the sleek, non-printed pieces, and a few dresses.

13-02-2014
V.I.P.

The coats and jackets are amazing. Really good collection. Felt London, somewhat Jonathan Saunders. many great solo pieces.

13-02-2014
V.I.P.

it is really just like they've done before, but there are soo many lovely prints and dresses i can't help but love it

those shoes have got to go though

scenester

not loving the way the coats make the models look broad.
colours and patterns are nice though.
but i cant see many women wanting to go out and get these looks.

V.I.P.

i love the prints but their shapes are always a bit of a problem, guess they adapt them anyway

Tags
1415, f or w, proenza, schouler, york