How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2011
earthbound

^ To me, it's usually "high school girl" vibes... but here it's more "school teacher" vibes and I'm not sure I like it.

15-09-2011
Alluring

Um, I really loved last season, but I'm not sure about this one. I'm getting an impression of a certain heaviness as for a S/S collection, even in spite of the lovely prints.

15-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
It is a continuation of what they were doing from 2004- 2008. Its a bit jarring because they were moving in another direction in the last couple years, but this is very much in the vein of the proenza I fell in love with and I think its fantastic.

I was very much appreciating the direction they were turning to and was extremely disappointed when I stayed up until 2AM to watch this live.
Prior to the past two seasons Proenza had just been a growing name in New York fashion, midway between the collections you give a token glance and the collections you must see. But S/S 11 and A/W 11-12 were incredibly beautiful, with great ideas and experimentation in fabric, cut and construction and they really stood out as trend-setting with an original style.
This season feels as if the few past collections have just been diluted, with less experimentation and more repetition. It is just another dull New York collection with tropical prints thrown in to even out plainness elsewhere.

15-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
I was very much appreciating the direction they were turning to and was extremely disappointed when I stayed up until 2AM to watch this live.
Prior to the past two seasons Proenza had just been a growing name in New York fashion, midway between the collections you give a token glance and the collections you must see. But S/S 11 and A/W 11-12 were incredibly beautiful, with great ideas and experimentation in fabric, cut and construction and they really stood out as trend-setting with an original style.
This season feels as if the few past collections have just been diluted, with less experimentation and more repetition. It is just another dull New York collection with tropical prints thrown in to even out plainness elsewhere.
You couldn't have been more right. I guess I've never had much of a taste for tropical prints (Alexander Wang made me like them a bit more) but after being hit over the head with them all week, this failed to excite me.

I guess some of the cuts are okay. I like a few of the skirt and dress silhouettes, but I liked the vain they were designing in spring 2010-fall 2011 where it could be grown up but young and trendy at the same time.

I hope Milan and Paris end up saving this season

front row

I don't like this collection at all. It looks more like a F/W collection that anything. The colours are depressing, nothing exciting or inspiring.

front row

i dont know why, but I really like this collection.
the geometric shapes are gorgeous, and the palette is great.

V.I.P.

this is a great collection again, i love what i'm seeing it! very modern with an edge, and i always love how their strong pieces that can instantly update a whole wardrobe

15-09-2011
fashion elite

Loved the collection, sometimes dark but i like it.

V.I.P.

I find the juxtapostition between the retro feel of the styles and yet the darkness of the collection very intriguing; it's like film noir on the catwalk or something. I kind of like it, but I had to scroll through a few times. Each time I was more drawn into the mood of the collection. It is sooooo different from most of the others I have looked at.

16-09-2011
front row

I was expecting more from them.

V.I.P.

Dull and lackluster.
Where's the "wow" factor? I was loving their experimentations the last couple of seasons, but this just seems too restrained. Nonetheless, I am loving the top on Kate King.

V.I.P.

i was shocked to see that the finale (embroidered) dress is selling for $22,500.....almost couture-like!

16-09-2011
fashion insider

I want the HQ's!

16-09-2011
backstage pass

I can't believe I stayed up to 2am to watch the show live, seriously. A huge let down (not that I ever really love Proenza, except for Spring 2010) but I definitely expected something more.. exciting.

French Chic

In a week when NYC went print crazy.....some working and others failing miserably. This collection slots way down in the latter. What a mess.
The pieces that worked best were the less colourful looks and they were as dull as dishwater. They are so much better than this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, proenza, s or s, schouler, york