How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2012
front row

That's the best I have seen from New York, but that's a poor Balenciaga.

13-09-2012
trendsetter

Proenza Stole NYFW For me.....Brilliant.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

i don`t understand all the hype & clapping round the collection, it feels sooo balenciaga from different years (mostly the latesl ones & s/s 2003) so secondary...

Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
There are definitely some Balenciaga influences, but Proenza Schouler do it better. I really like this collection. It's edgy, but wearable.
Proenza Schouler is the brand that Balenciaga should be. Ghesquiere created the super-modern Balenciaga, but he's too lost in trying to be the trendsetter now, with gimmicks and styling in the form of plastic chunky knit and visor-hats.
Proenza Schouler continously offers extremely well-designed clothing, using unique fabrics, techniques and finishings that balance perfectly with each other to create unique clothing. I love how they have adopted hipster skirts for skirt-suits and high turtle necks for dresses as their trademark silhouettes.
Standout pieces here include the red patent jacket with the circular details with print beneath(?), the dress with the voluminous sleeves scarred with sheer panels to reveal the much thinner arm beneath. They used an abundance of those large metal eyelets to weight down those would-be flippy skirts towards the end, giving the dresses an unusual mixture of weights and movements.
I'm never in love with patchwork or much print, but I think what they've done was done rather well.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

If they have grown up into a Balenciaga...I am in for the ride! This is insanely intensely cut and colour! But to say they do it better is just complete BS!

13-09-2012
fashion insider

Ghesquière is a genius; Jack and Lázaro aren't. This is ridiculous...

NY is dead in terms of fashion.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Love.

13-09-2012
front row

I like it minus most of the patchwork pieces.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

This was incredible! I love the visual impact these pieces had and I love the exploration of textures and surfaces. They are very talented.

The way they combine all the elements together, and the way it all works, is phenomenal. Gerhard Richter, internet culture, python, iguana, leather, beach, graphicism. All the elements were incredible!

13-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

This is so fun, lame descriptive word, but it just is. I dig the prints and I LOVE the metal hole punched dresses. Like one of their favorite girls, Kate Bosworth, they hail from the East Coast but do that West Coast California cool vibe was such brilliance.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

My first reaction when watching this was that everything was fabulous and exciting and cool and I was in love with everything. Then I saw the pictures and everything didn't look that interesting anymore. But now looking at the HQs I'm finding all these details that I love. I'm actually creeped out by those prints with all those people on them, but they're so cool And the beach prints! Those striking colors and fun prints are glorious. I love the second half of the collection but I'm still not sure about the flowy dresses in the middle part and some of the patchwork pieces in the first part. But Proenza collections usually grow on me a lot after a while so I'm sure I'll be obsessed with everything here soon

13-09-2012
fashion insider

Everything from NY is apparently Balenciaga, this doesn't scream Balenciaga to me lol. I'm sure Nicolas would love reading these comments if he was on this forum...

fashion icon

TFS sees Balenciaga everywhere.

Proenza is doing something right because I rarely like anything by Balenciaga but have been loving Proenza the past few seasons.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, proenza, s or s, schouler, york