How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-07-2006
tfs star

^I thought that Keith looked like a combination of Jude Law and Liev Schreiber!

I like Alison, Robert, Keith, Michael, and Kayne... so far.

Malan reminds me of a vampire... And that laugh!

13-07-2006
scenester

POTENTIAL SPOILER dealing with a model

Gawker.com (Manhatten media/social blog site) just updated with a little information about one of the models

"Project Runway mini-spoiler: model Jia Santos makes it to the final three, but her chances at victory are, uh, spoiled when she gets hit by a bus. She's been in intensive care for a month; Bravo execs are thrilled by the potential ratings and send flowers. [Gatecrasher]" -Gawker.com

In one way this could be a spoiler, but in another it really has no relevence because they could change models like they change sewing needles throughout the season. Either way, truly tragic for the model.

ETA: NYdailynews.com has a description of the accident and how/when it happened. Apperently she fractured her skull and eye socket on the way to the taping of the show. wow.

Last edited by Homme_again005; 13-07-2006 at 09:05 AM.

13-07-2006
rising star

I really like Keith, Robert, and Alison the best right now. Keith's dress was gorg! Alison seems like such a doll...her picture portfolio was amazing. Malan really creeps me out!

13-07-2006
front row

OMG... I read that about the model and I was like what's up with these newspapers and spoiling it for you. Because either you are going to know tht whomever has that model probably didnt get kicked it(assuming that they didn't change the format from last season) .

Or Washington Post lady who NAMED the winner a day before the first eposide aired. Why would you do that and I READ the article but luckily.. I choose not to registered the name in my head. BUT, I was STill pissed at knowing that someone had spoiled it for me.

Here's an article in which another upset fans blasts the washington post author.

http://insidebayarea.com/bayarealiving/ci_4045341

13-07-2006
rÍverie

thanks shopdiary! i love keith! i don't think i can stress that enough. i just hope he's not the one who was asked to leave the show for doing something naughty (according to heidi). can you post more of him? i can't seem to access the project runway website for pics. thanks!

13-07-2006
backstage pass

omg - i just read something about one of the models and it's pretty shocking.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - i'll post in white so you can highlight below if you want to read it:

Season three of "Project Runway" premiered on Bravo last night, but a tragic accident marred the finale of the Heidi Klum show.

Designers compete for $100,000, a car and other prizes, while their model wins a spread in Elle magazine.

Hungarian model Jia Santos (whose real name is Eliza Jakubek), 18, became one of the three finalists. But near the end of taping, she was struck by a bus while riding her bike to the show's location in the city.

"She was dragged underneath the bus," her agent, Avenue Models' Javier Hernandez, told us yesterday. "She fractured her skull and her eye socket and was in critical condition for three days. Now she has been in intensive care for a month."

Her first words upon waking up, Hernandez tells us, were: "Am I still on 'Project Runway'?"

Santos still appears in the show, and her accident is explained during the finale. Hernandez said she was modeling to support her parents in their Hungarian village.

"Everyone from the show has been really supportive and offered their help to get her parents a visa to visit her in the hospital and work on a benefit for her," he said.

13-07-2006
backstage pass

GAH!!! my computer went crazy and i posted the above over an hour ago but only showed up just now - sorry about double posting!

13-07-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Im I the only one who loves alison??
I know! I just adored something about her right off the bat.

I understand the "rocker" designer's style, but I doubt Michael, Nina or Heidi ever would Vincent is hilarious and I looove the tall redhead.

13-07-2006
front row

My favorites are Keith and Alison.

13-07-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikidior
thanks shopdiary! i love keith! i don't think i can stress that enough. i just hope he's not the one who was asked to leave the show for doing something naughty (according to heidi). can you post more of him? i can't seem to access the project runway website for pics. thanks!
i'll post more photos of keith later today but in case you are able to access them, here's the link --> http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runwa.../Keith_Michael

13-07-2006
trendsetter

Vincent had a Woody Allen crazy vibe to him. I feel bad he cashed in his 401K to go back to designing. I doubt he is going to win. I also thought Michael's dress was completly beuatiful and and so original with the coffee filters. He definitly has a vision and I think he will be a top contender.

13-07-2006
front row

^horray.. I am not the only one that noticed that Woody Allen vibe.

13-07-2006
trendsetter

Hehe I know! He makes me stressed just watching him! Can you imagin him after a few cocktails?!?!

13-07-2006
trendsetter

my favorite is bradley.. he wasnt really on the premier much but i liked him from the casting special because hes so quirky and had these really charming sketches

13-07-2006
rÍverie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopdiary
i'll post more photos of keith later today but in case you are able to access them, here's the link --> http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runwa.../Keith_Michael
nope. can't access the pics. thanks so much shopdiary. you're being very generous. i'm looking forward to the pics. i've developed such a crush on keith! i agree about vince having the woody allen vibe. do you think he's in therapy too? just curious as he needs to calm down. i think he's married too. is anyone of the designers gay besides malan and robert? it sounds silly but i seriously don't know. i'm also a fan of bradley. quite quirky and his dress was kind of innovative. that huge quilt could've looked bulky on the waist but looking at it, it seems the waist was quite defined. love it! he's also quite the silent type which i also like. also, is it just me or the models this season just aren't good? i mean look at how half of them walked.i wish they could find a morgan sans the attitude

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, project, runway, season