How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
"Unnecessarily pricey"
Unnecessary indeed. I have a feeling nothing she creates will be considered high fashion - with or without the high fashion pricing.

By the way, has anyone else heard about the clothing and accessories line she has coming out with Nicole Richie.

God help us all. Pop culture is taking fashion over - the talentless calling themselves designers (Nicky Hilton anyone?), Every celebrity coming out with their own "lines" run by employees they probably have never taken the time out to meet, and as for the cherry to top it all off - talentless stylists being given the opportunity to spread their "gift" around because they recieve attention for dressing the formerly trashy in wannabe "classy" (ultimately basic) clothing. Something they should have started out with and uprgraded from if you ask me.

It's the easiest thing in the world to be considered a fashion miracle worker when you have THIS to fix...

Yahoo.com

UGH! She recieves too much credit, period!

Last edited by ShesElectric; 21-04-2006 at 04:33 PM.

21-04-2006
windowshopping

"The stylist, a vegetarian, said she is obsessed with animal skins, and the line, dubbed Rachel Zoe for Judith Leiber, incorporates plenty of them. Exotic skins such as lizard, crocodile and python, among nine other materials, are used in the two silhouettes that she created with Zambrelli."

Isn' that sort of ironic?

21-04-2006
backstage pass

yeah right i would never buy a design by her

21-04-2006
windowshopping

i wanna see pictures of these very talked about bags.

Amour Comme Hiver

Well, as long as the BAGS don't all look alike, like her clients do

22-04-2006
scenester

um, excuse me? oversized bags in gold and exotic skins? come on, how original is it? this awful awful person should just take her even more awful ideas and hide under a rock for the rest of her life, or atleast come up with something that would actually contribute to the already excisting accessories out there. goood this woman irritates me.

22-04-2006
front row

the fact that she is a vegetarian yet is "obessed" with animal skins, and is planning on making bags out of these animals she won't EAT but will WEAR seems so hypocritcal and tacky to me. :/

22-04-2006
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyRose
This month's US Vogue previewed Derek Lam's bag collection, and judging from the description of Rachel Zoe's designs, I think they may bear some resemblance to Lam's bags--the snake closures especially.

On a different note, I am quite surprised by how gaudy Derek Lam's accessories turned out. Why sing praises of the '80s when your clothes are known to be young and sweet?

i feel like there is a certain kitsch appeal with that. there are many people who would carry stuff like that simply for that

whether or not thats the mentality of zoe and the girls she styles, i doubt it

22-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren
i love exotic skins, but i hate rachel zoe.

she looks like a shriveled up carrot.
LoL..way too much tan
but I like her as a stylist

backstage pass

as much as i am not a fan of rachel zoe, the whole "she's a vegetarian but is using animal skins" thing really should just be dropped. there's tons of different reasons to become a vegetarian, animal rights is just one of them. her vegetarianism could have nothing to do with caring about creatures other than herself. seeing how slight her figure is, maybe it's just an excuse for merely ordering a pile of steamed veggies at a restaurant. this isn't a normal way of eating for the average vegetarian, but most non-vegetarians don't realize that. they think we only eat steamed vegetables anyways. so unless there is a quote of her saying, "i'm a vegetarian because i thinking killing animals is wrong", then you can't call her a hypocrite. i personally am a hypocrite, i became a vegan for animal rights reasons and now use leather products. that's hypocritical. rachel zoe may not be as such.

anyways, i'm really interested to see how her bag line turns out, and how well it sells. i can't see too many people paying $10,000 for a rachel zoe bag that sounds as unoriginal and gaudy as the article makes it seem, but you never know.

22-04-2006
tfs star

Well, if she goes ahead and uses exotic skins I hope she hears Heather Mills McCartney knocking at her door showing her PETA videos...

22-04-2006
backstage pass

We can bash her all we want but (unfortunately) there are kids with rich fathers out there willing to purchase such (potential) garbage because "Nicole Richie" or "Lindsay Lohan" have it.

Let us not forget that Anna Sui switched from styling to designing many many years ago... we could have the next Anna Sui here. Then again, I certainly doubt it. Her most famous client was a drug addicted runaway.

Last edited by ShesElectric; 22-04-2006 at 07:07 PM.
23-04-2006
I don't know

I would love to see pictures of her creations before I make a judgement

I have a feeling that her bags no matter how beautiful they might be will be trashed by a lot of TFS members because they have Rachel Zoes name on them:p

23-04-2006
Brooklyn, baby!

Like a few people here have already said, I want to see these bags, though I have a feeling I won't like them. I like my bags simple... Non of these exotic skins and such. The thought just grosses me out! But the part about one of them being designed after the doorknocker sounds interesting...

23-04-2006
boop

Mac Daddy, now that is funny. I like that she's stealing the name from Kris Kross and legions of pimps. Its kind of hilarious.

I am also interested in seeing what she's done. I actually don't have a problem with her work, many of the girls she's worked with look better after she took over ::cough::Lindsay::cough:: I find her omnipresence more annoying than anything she has actually done. I get tired of hearing about her "look" since its not as original as they claim but she has helped some people pull themselves together. I just wish there were less press on her.

That said I'm interested in seeing these. It should be a unique collaboration if nothing else. The prices are a bit loony though but I'll reserve judgement on quality until I see the bags.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
debuts, designer, handbag, rachel, zoe