How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2005
V.I.P.

awesome! cant wait to see what he can do for the label.

26-05-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqth
Exactly, Helena. It's v. good for JS but I am wondering how Raf Simons will cope with Prada's enviroment, outside his studio at Antwerp.

A big "start" in woman's wear for Raf Simons, it is. Finger crossed for him.
Exactly what I fear. I don't know about this....feel a bit weary about that entire thing. Going from such a small business(despite his popularity it is extremely small)to a corporation...that's tremendous. Not to mention,down the road how the relationship with Bertelli will fair. Remember it was all flowery at the beginning for Helmut but look how it eventually ended. I hope that won't happen.

26-05-2005
V.I.P.

i am very excited about this.

i can't wait to see his first collection

26-05-2005
tfs star

I wonīt judge for now, but it is clear that these are very difficult shoes to fit... I actually liked Jilīs collections a lot when she returned to her house, I think especially the S/S 2005 was such a strong, clean image that didnīt look boring at all...letīs see Rafīs take on her vision, since he doesnīt have a lot of experience in the womenīs business, Iīm guessing he might focus on tailoring instead of the flirty, feminine allure that Jil has shown in the last few collections.

26-05-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
I wonīt judge for now, but it is clear that these are very difficult shoes to fit... I actually liked Jilīs collections a lot when she returned to her house, I think especially the S/S 2005 was such a strong, clean image that didnīt look boring at all... .
agreed tricotineacetat, her comeback collections were maybe her best ever
hard to follow up taking her place but i have faith in Raf, plus he's so hyped, he's destined to be a hit

26-05-2005
Swim Upstream

I hope so Lena!!!

26-05-2005
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
agreed tricotineacetat, her comeback collections were maybe her best ever
hard to follow up taking her place but i have faith in Raf, plus he's so hyped, he's destined to be a hit
Hyped, yes... I honestly think he can be very good, I'm just a little concerned he might not suit the JS style. Like Space said, if he keeps a clear head... But like I said I'm an optimist!

26-05-2005
tfs star

Lena, whereas I donīt have any doubts about the new Jil Sander menswear (this might be serious competition for Dior Homme, he?), I still hesitate to comment on the womens...

In case of Jil Sander, I always felt like this was a mayor loss in fashion, unlike Tom Ford at Gucci... Itīs not that she didnīt do well, she actually left when I thought she added a lot more to her repertoire without giving up her vision completely. Thatīs why, from an artistic point of view, it was never one of those brands that demanded a turnaround...

Donīt get me wrong, Iīm more than curious about Raf Simonīs view on womenswear but I will probably still miss Jil Sander at Jil Sander... regardless whom Bertelli is intending to hire.

Last edited by tricotineacetat; 26-05-2005 at 05:17 PM.
26-05-2005
etre soi-meme

of course i understand and fully share your views, tott and trico

26-05-2005
Heated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
but i have faith in Raf, plus he's so hyped, he's destined to be a hit
Well I think "hyped" constitutes someone who receives unworthy praise. Zac Posen. Stella McCartney. Proenza Schouler. I wouldn't place Raf with these characters. He's talented. I know not everyone has to be in love with him but you can't deny that he's skilled and gifted in what he does.

26-05-2005

should be interesting... that all ill say :p

26-05-2005
fashion icon

I really want to see how Raf handles draping. I can't really imagine what kind of dress or skirt he would make. It's my guess it will be mostly strict tailoring and clever cutting and patterns like his menswear. I also wonder how he will run the Jil Sander atelier, it's in Germany right? He's going from a relatively modest company to a huge, well financed, and well resourced environment.

I first asked myself "what will the raf simons woman look like?" and then I realized that he will still be working with the Jil Sander woman. So I mean I sorta expect him to keep with those sensibilties just with a bit of Simon's cleverness and attitude, just a little.

26-05-2005
V.I.P.

Ooooh, yeah. Jil Sander menswear oughta be interesting. Am I the only one annoyed that they spelled his name wrong constantly in that article? Could a mod fix it in the title of this thread, please?

26-05-2005
front row

I don't really see the two together though.....but we'll see

fashion insider

This is a shame..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
>creative, director, jil, raf, sander, simons