How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

I never like Rag & Bone collections when I first see them (except for F/W 10) but they usually grow on me and I end up liking many individual pieces. I'm just glad they're always anti-trend try something different. Everything else we've seen at NYFW looked pretty much the same, this at least uses new ideas and an unusual color palette.

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

They kept the same complementary colours they used for fall - orange and blue - only made them pop with some neon (love that orange neon blazer!!) and instead of Nordic, they went with an almost "gym-clothes" feel to some of the separates. This is a scattered and disjointed collection, though I can see how they were working from what was mainly a lauded fall collection. Certainly there are pieces that are wearable, but I do miss the more classic Rag & Bone aspects of lines from a few collections back. The really straightforward wearable pieces you could keep forever, but how they somehow took classic and gave it an edge. Now it seems they are going much more for edge. Hope they don't fall over it.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 10-09-2011 at 01:37 AM.
10-09-2011
backstage pass

I like some of the color schemes but the cuts don't excite me. Personally I have no problem with their reusing there fall colors since I like the contrast of orange and blue a lot. It'll be interesting to see some of the individual pieces but all in all the collection doesn't wow me.

10-09-2011
rising star

I'm with you, Not Plain Jane. I thought I'd see the classic pieces but am surprised at the 'throw it all against the wall and see what sticks' vibe here. In a word, ugly.

10-09-2011
Looking Up

Well I guess there's some appeal to it. It's fluorescent yet dark? Still, it strikes me as a poor man's Balenciaga.

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

it just looks too casual....not for me

10-09-2011
fashion elite

I only like the colour palette. Otherwise it reminds me of the ponchos that people wear at sporting events on a rainy day. Sure there are other items of clothing but they don't leave much of an impression on my memory.

Last edited by purplethistle; 10-09-2011 at 07:37 AM.
10-09-2011
front row

I really like this collection.The colour palette and accessories are brilliant!

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

Rag & Bone is always almost there for me. They have the premise of this edgy sportswear with touches of Balenciaga, but somehow their collections fail to impress me. Maybe it's the styling, or the designers creativity itself, but they always leave the feeling of good, but could be way better.

I do love the colour palette and the accessories this season. The shoes are amazing.

Last edited by Marc10; 10-09-2011 at 08:18 AM.
10-09-2011
V.I.P.

the colors just arent flattering

10-09-2011
Stitch:the Hand

bohemian raver?? it's not processing with me. i much prefer their more urban outdoors-y sensibility.....with their usually more organic neutral palette.

Last edited by Scott; 10-09-2011 at 10:56 AM.
10-09-2011
V.I.P.

i love it all apart from the metal part in the shoes..ruins them. but i love everything else. best show so far for me.

V.I.P.

This is stunning. I love futuristic, sporty influence brought into this. The fluroscent detail is usually hard to work with especially for ss collections as it tends to look too ravey and sloppy. This however works perfectly.

10-09-2011
fashion insider

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

It all went downhill when they tried to be quirky.
The fluorescence reminds me more of this, rather than Balenciaga or even nightlife. This formula in the mood/palette seems to be recurring of fashion designers when they're getting some buzz, and sometimes they continue to repeat it because it always appears in magazines (Proenza ). I was actually thinking that the simple clothes aren't so bad (they look carefully put together in the pictures), but then you look at the video and they have such an awkward movement to them.. you can tell the attention's gone to gimmicks full time and it isn't even about conserving their gift with street classics anymore.

Last edited by MulletProof; 10-09-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, bone, rag, s or s, york