Ralph Lauren Rugby - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-01-2008
fashion icon

Personally I LOVE this line. And I'm not even a fan of Ralph Lauren - I find his collection line derivative (though it serves his clientele well) and Ralph Lauren Blue is just horrific - how many times does he need to produce a western/Savannah/Mauritian resort inspired collection with different names and the same colours?

With Rugby the prices are right and there are many great pieces which having preppy roots but not overly so - they have a bit of an edge and are a bit cooler. I've already purchased the white puff sleeved blouse, black cable knit sweater dress and a cream sweater dress with black collar and cuffs with metallic crest. However from what I've heard this line hasn't been doing as well as expected - already several stores have closed down and only the NYC store is on target.

23-01-2008
Margiela's Muse

I like how it's English prep/grammar school boy oriented. Far more intriguing than the looks AEO, A&F, etc pass off as "preppy" (always more of a stoner jock/beach bum look, IMO). It reminds me also of the wardrobes of the Gossip Girl set, but obviously oriented towards the middle market.

23-01-2008
fashion icon

Also something I have to praise them for - in the store I went to (in NYC) the sales assistants were all college looking, and their outfits were FANTASTIC. I couldn't pull a lot of it off, but a girl wore rugby jersey tops with a full black skirt and tilted berets (sounds a bit contrived but she pulled it off very well), guys were wearing the suits but in a really interesting way, etc, I just really liked it! I love their preppy with their edge, and I usually don't like other RL lines (collection, Blue, Polo = blergh).

14-04-2008
backstage pass

Hannah Davis for Rugby Spring

and Summer Preview...

rugby.com

17-04-2008
backstage pass

What on earth is playlife?? Some wannabe RL brand??

front row

The Summer line is up on www.rugby.com very cute!

23-12-2009
fashion insider

i love rugby.com they have super fast shipping!! i just ordered 6 items from them on monday and i just got them this morning. maybe because it's the holidays.

i bought two pairs of skull corduroys in black and tan varsity sweater amd a few other things. i'll post pics later

could people post modeling pics of the rugby things they have. i need inspiration. i'm really into preppy collegiate style now

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lauren, ralph, rugby