How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Party girl reputation perhaps, but a party girl reputation with a degree in Fashion Design from CSM.
yeah but everybody knows that in fact Phoebe Philo was the real designer behind Chloe.... look at SM own collection when she got the job @ chloe... awful .

10-09-2009
Power to the 99%

^^ I doubt she'd do it ... Oprah turns down offers like this (OK, there are no other offers quite like this) ... because she's not desperate, for money or for something to do. She knows what her niche is, and she's already burning the candle at both ends doing what she should be doing. You notice she has no clothing line ... not for lack of offers. I actually kind of wish she would do one.

10-09-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
Not the same thing, McCartney was a trained designer.
we've entered different times. that was a decade ago.

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
Timberlake chose one of a few options, posed for the shoot, went to some events, and then collected his paycheck.
my point is that he got paid for creative input, not just his face and name.

V.I.P.

lol! as if Givenchy would ever NEED (much less pay) creative input from Justin Timberlake of all people.

But satisfaction brought it back

Last edited by eternitygoddess; 10-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
10-09-2009
Power to the 99%

^ They thought they did. I don't see his appeal, but I guess they've noticed that a lot of people apparently do ...

11-09-2009
Tobias Funke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
It just brings to mind another brand where you can literally point at each look and name the designer that did it within the past two seasons.
Marchesa?

I'm so disgusted......I can't even put everything I want to say in words.

NeverNude
18-09-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

the plot thickens: apparently, he interviewed five celebrities for the job including madonna and paris hilton and chose lindsay lohan....any stabs at the other three?

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan's brief: make Ungaro 'cooler'

Wed Sep 16, 2:56 pm ET

PARIS (AFP) – Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan's new brief as "muse" of Ungaro is to give the Paris fashion house a cooler look and be a "travelling ad" for the brand, the head of the luxury firm said Wednesday.

Speaking to AFP, Mounir Moufarrige, president of Emanuel Ungaro, said that when "reaching out for the consumer, it is celebrities who attract a huge degree of attention."

He met five celebs including Madonna and Paris Hilton before opting for Lohan, a 23-year-old paparazzi favourite who was last week appointed artistic advisor to the label's new chief designer Estrella Archs.

The House of Ungaro style will remain but Lohan hopefully will bring "something younger, more cool, with a different attitude," Moufarrige said.

"She knows clothes," he said. "She will be a travelling advertisement."

The Lohan/Archs duo are collaborating on Ungaro's spring/summer 2010 collection to be unveiled at Paris Fashion Week next month.

Moufarrige said sales had remained unchanged during the three seasons when collections were designed by British-Colombian stylist Esteban Cortazar.

"You can't wait for four or five years during a recession when structural costs are high," he said.

Lohan was once regarded as one of Hollywood's brightest young talents, but her career hit the skids in 2007 after she was convicted for drunk driving and taking cocaine.
Since then she has appeared in a series of commercial flops and become famous mostly for partying.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

V.I.P.

uh...the fact that PARIS HILTON was an option?!

doesn't speak highly of the standards of selection

front row

I can't think of why someone would be compelled to associate their brand with this girl anymore. She doesn't even really have that no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity appeal anymore.

18-09-2009
Vision of Paradise

Sounds like an act of desperation. They both both seem pretty desprate, actually. maybe it's a match made in heaven. (doubt it)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
i agree with you to a degree, but imagine the controversy of replacing a genius like lagerfeld with an unknown -- but for her party girl reputation -- stella mccartney.
Party Girl reputation? Stella as in Stella McCartney ok did I miss some goss in 1997. Please dish the details.

19-09-2009
Looking Up

I'm guessing the other 3 are Kim Kardashian, Hilary Duff and Nicole Richie. It's been taken so far already.

20-09-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Party Girl reputation? Stella as in Stella McCartney ok did I miss some goss in 1997. Please dish the details.
what did we do before the blogosphere? before she settled, the tabs always caught her out with her buds, kate moss and sadie frost.

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/2006...-and-jude-law/

how soon we forget. and stella mccartney's replacement at chloe had a similar image before her appointment....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/s...made-good.html

Last edited by mikeijames; 20-09-2009 at 01:39 AM.
17-12-2009
trendsetter

Ungaro CEO Moufarrige Out, Lohan In!
WWD December 17
Quote:
PARIS — Lindsay’s in, Mounir’s out.

Despite widespread speculation to the contrary — and a scathing reaction to her first effort — Lindsay Lohan is continuing on at Ungaro as the fashion house’s artistic adviser, while the man who recruited her, company president Mounir Moufarrige, has resigned, WWD has learned.

Ungaro named Marie Fournier its new general manager to oversee all operations. An 18-year veteran of the company, Fournier was previously Ungaro’s vice president in charge of business development and licensing. Before that, she had an eight-year career at Christian Dior.

In a brief statement, Ungaro said Moufarrige, who has served as president since 2006, would continue to advise the company as a member of its strategic committee, but that he was “withdrawing” from an operational role to devote more time to his other businesses, which include U-Boat and Welder, two fast-growing Italian watch companies.

“It’s my decision. It’s not a total departure, except for operational duties,” Moufarrige told WWD exclusively.

He waved off suggestions of discord with Ungaro’s majority owner, Asim Abdullah, and noted his decision “has nothing to do with Lindsay Lohan at all.…The strategy is set for Ungaro and that’s it.”

Abdullah, a high-tech entrepreneur who acquired Ungaro in 2005 from Salvatore Ferragamo, declined to comment Wednesday.

Moufarrige tapped Lohan as artistic adviser in September in a risky bid to jump-start rejuvenation at a house wracked by a revolving door of designers and lackluster collections. He teamed her with Spanish-born designer Estrella Archs.

“Odds are it could work,” Moufarrige said in these columns in September. “I think the noise level around Lindsay will be very, very big.”

He was right about the noise. His exit comes only a few months after Lohan and Archs showed a spring collection during Paris Fashion Week that set off a cacophony of reactions from critics and retail buyers that ranged from “very Los Angeles” to “cheesy” to “truly, deeply horrible.” There had been numerous reports Abdullah was thinking of getting rid of Lohan as a result of the negative reaction, none of which appear to be true at this stage.

At Ungaro, Lohan and Archs succeeded Bogotá, Colombia-born Esteban Cortazar, whose three collections for the house failed to ignite much commercial or press interest in the brand.

Peter Dundas, who is now the designer at Emilio Pucci; Vincent Darré, now devoted to a signature furniture line, and Giambattista Valli, pursuing a signature label with Italy’s Mariella Burani Fashion Group, came before Cortazar as Ungaro designers following the retirement of its founding couturier in 2004.

Moufarrige is known for making unexpected decisions, most famously for choosing Stella McCartney, then 25, to succeed Karl Lagerfeld as head designer of Chloé in 1997. He had a long career at Chloé parent Compagnie Financière Richemont, including stints at Dunhill and Montblanc.

On Wednesday, he suggested he was eyeing additional business opportunities in watches and jewelry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
door, emanuel, news, revolving, ungaro