Riccardo Tisci is Leaving Givenchy - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2017
fashion elite

It's really a shame that he isn't going to go out with one last women's collection. I will admit that the passion felt lost for quite some time. It almost felt like he was making collections because he had no other choice. Versace could be exciting, he's Italian so I'd rather him take over than anyone else.

Last edited by GivenchyHomme; 02-02-2017 at 04:58 PM.
02-02-2017
fashion elite

I'm officially in campaign for RONALD VAN DER KEMP for Givenchy! Give this man the job for god sake

02-02-2017
trendsetter

Quote:
THANK YOU TO THE WORLD AND EVERYONE WHO HAS WATCHED ME GROW, YOU MADE ME WHO I AM AND I LOVE YOU. SEE YOU VERY SOON! RT
Instagram.com/riccardotisci17

V.I.P.

Hallelujah!

Too bad we will see more of him at Versace. Ugh. I'm bored already by the simple thought of it.

03-02-2017
V.I.P.

2017 is starting off with a bang! Let him go to Versace, that's where he belongs. In fact, he may make the it less trashier because as it is there's no wit behind their aesthetic at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
TEAM THEYSKENS! I think they need someone that can bring some of the old glamour of the Hubert's era Givenchy.
Yes! Theyskens, Elbaz, Pilati, or.....Hedi. Think of it, Hedi at Givenchy? And his take on couture! This is a dream match, make it happen!

03-02-2017
fashion insider

it times for him revamp his ownbrand.i like men collecion.

03-02-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
2017 is starting off with a bang! Let him go to Versace, that's where he belongs. In fact, he may make the it less trashier because as it is there's no wit behind their aesthetic at all.

Yes! Theyskens, Elbaz, Pilati, or.....Hedi. Think of it, Hedi at Givenchy? And his take on couture! This is a dream match, make it happen!
No wit behind Versace's aesthetic? Maybe behind Donatella's take on Versace but Gianni's Versace would have been ridiculous if it wasn't full of wit and irreverence...

Hedi's take on couture...I'm maybe the only one who's not interested in that at all. But i would rather see him at Givenchy than at Chanel...Even if it kinda inevitable at this point.

03-02-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
No wit behind Versace's aesthetic? Maybe behind Donatella's take on Versace but Gianni's Versace would have been ridiculous if it wasn't full of wit and irreverence...
Obviously I meant under Donatella, when last have you seen a Versace collection under Gianni?

03-02-2017
V.I.P.

LVMH finally parting ways in an amicable way with a designer... I'm impressed.

03-02-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Obviously I meant under Donatella, when last have you seen a Versace collection under Gianni?

Last edited by Lola701; 03-02-2017 at 03:32 AM.
03-02-2017
V.I.P.

Truly the end of an era... Vanderkemp or Dundas would be interesting choices for Givenchy...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
03-02-2017
fashion insider

I think Dundas could be a great for Givenchy if he was able to recreate the magic of what he did at Emilio Pucci. Cavalli was an absolute disaster though so I'm not sure.

I want Vanderkemp to keep on with his own label honestly or to take over Balmain.

03-02-2017
tfs star

Don't we all want *insert any designer name* to take over Balmain?

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
Don't we all want *insert any designer name* to take over Balmain?
Even Zuhair Murad?

http://fashionworldstuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Bravo Riccardo for the accomplishments at Givenchy. What he did wasn't an easy task and above all he made relevant again a legendary name that hasn't been relevant at least 30 years prior to his arrival.
I'll always remember the flawless collections he delivered at Givenchy and the inspiration and influence he had on people...

Sadly enough, he showed a real lack of interest in his work since maybe 2013-2014. He is just leaving at the right time...He is still has influence in the culture, has developped a kind of cult around him and the house is doing beyond good financially.

I can't wait to see him at Versace...He has basically transformed Givenchy into a modern version of early to mid 90's Versace.

Now, Bernard Arnault will have to be very clever for the Givenchy thing to not make a lot of mistakes like Pinault did.

Hedi Slimane could be the one but i believe he only have Chanel in mind...
Alber could be a little bit too sophisticated and joyful

Peter Dundas can do the job. What he did at Cavalli wasn't that great but he can do wonderful things.

I'll put Lucas Ossendrijver at the menswear.

My personal favorite at the womenswear is Ronald Van Der Kemp. He is just perfect for this and the house will not risk to loose it edge with him...
Same names came into my mind.
Slimane could be perfect but if he knows one day he would have a possibility to go to Chanel he will wait of this day.
Dundas after Cavalli disaster and after Givenchy by Tisci? If he will get the offer , he will accept, imo. His Pucci was perfect but i'm not sure he will get the offer?
Elbaz, no. I can't imagine Givenchy by Alber Elbaz.Too elegant, too sophisicated, too feminine.
Lucas makes very good menswear, i hope for him ,in case he want it.

And, yes ,at the womenswear Ronald Van Der Kemp can make a good job.

I don't know how will be Versace by Tisci, in case he will go there, i think it will be good. Versace in last time is not so good. They stepped out from Couture. Riccardo in my opinion , can make perfect Couture.
Givenchy without Tisci could be second Saint Laurent without Slimane. Not the same as it was before, imo.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
givenchy, leaving, riccardo, tisci