How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

Ahhhh, a fashion performance. AT LAST. I thought that species was in extinction. It had to be Rick to deliver something so insane, raw and in-your-face like this. Just brilliant. And the collection did had a strong connection to the performance. All his signatures into a practical, lighter, shorter and looser silhouette. Comfort on a Rick Owens collection? This was really one for the books. Producing the most exciting show of the season and still in check with ongoing trend. All hail fashion's shaman king-goth ninja.

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

Oh and these backstage pics after the show are just too awesome

nowfashion

V.I.P.

High Voltage!! So fun and enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for posting the video.

Oh and those backstage photos ... magic.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 27-09-2013 at 01:20 AM.
27-09-2013
trendsetter

I even did not noticed the clothes, all my eyesight was caught by the models' facial expression~~

scenester

This show would never translate to good pictures of the clothing, cause all you see is the grimaces of the models in somewhat ill fitting clothing, but you don't see the energy of the whole performance. You really need to see this in the video... and sure the show isn't about the clothing but I bet he'll have a perfectly fine looking lookbook for that.

I think the most commendable part of the whole show is their dedication to the performance, they looked angry/slightly crazy in front of the whole fashion industry the whole show! In the past models had to be happy/flirty during Galliano shows and even half of those models didn't dare to do that, let alone if they had to put on such faces.. props for the girls!

27-09-2013
rising star

Well I really like his message, a breath of fresh air in fashion.

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
people in this thread sadden me... one of the least socially progressive industries is fashion and it shows just from reading some of the comments. "Orange is the New Black"?! And maybe you aren't familiar with stomping but routines arent suppose to be pretty or be about looking cute in the face its about conveying strength and showing power and unity.
Erm, excuse me. I was being facetious. I really hope you're not accusing me of what I think you are.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Orange Is the New Black reference? Even one of the ladies reminds me of Taystee.
Dead.
Anyway, I think he put out a fantastic presentation, it was definitely more an art performance than a fashion show. We should give him credit for that, especially nowadays when seeing something that bold and unexpected on the runway has become very rare. My biggest problem, however, were the clothes: I get his whole idea of a modern warrior, but he could have explored the idea much further with the outfits. Instead, he came up with an exact copy of things he has presented during his career. For me it's a missed opportunity of creating something memorable and strong.

windowshopping

love what he did, hated the clothes.

27-09-2013
tfs star

Absolute highlight of the season. Period.
Still not buying his clothes though.

backstage pass

Here's the video

Last edited by Flashbang; 27-09-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Embedding video.
27-09-2013
fashion elite

that was so good, my heart's beating really fast!

27-09-2013
Fat Karl

What a fabulous performance.

The clothes took a back seat to the show, but honestly, there were enough nice looking pieces to remind you that it was a good enough collection, but Rick has established himself so surely throughout his career that the focus not being entirely on the clothes this time around does no harm whatsoever.

Really amazing to watch. The pictures initially were startling to say the least, but once you watch it in a video, it's so energetic and infectious. And not that I ever, ever see models becoming obsolete....but I looked at the backstage pictures of Lanvin on style.com after watching the Rick video and I couldn't even stand it how boring and lifeless every girl looked!! Made me realize how dull most girls are today. They bring very little, if anything to the clothes. Rick showed us today the power of the wearer.

V.I.P.

27-09-2013
front row

After watching the video it feels exploitative to me. Let's bring in the angry blacks with their great rhythm to entertain you. Does anybody feel the same?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, owens, paris, rick, s or s