How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2013
V.I.P.

Robert Rodriguez Pre-Fall 2013
Quote:
“It’s all in the bag.” Robert Rodriguez took that statement quite literally for pre-fall, using a black shopping bag in his office as myriad inspiration — how he could cut it, layer it and form silhouettes. Thus it became the foundation for the cutout separates he revisited from spring, along with double-face color-blocked dresses and some great leather track pants and jackets accented with denim sleeves with grommets.
(Click for HQ!)

wwd.com

04-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
By Jessica Minkoff

Simple things often drive creativity—at least, they do for Robert Rodriguez. "I was sitting in my studio, and I saw a pile of black shopping bags," he said at a preview of his pre-fall collection, "and I just started cutting them into different shapes and silhouettes." The cutouts lent themselves to a series of color-blocked pieces, like a body-con long-sleeve dress in a scuba fabric, a French-blue shirt with a full-front zipper, and a midweight jacket with a detachable hood. The hooded topper was one of the range's highlights; a white leather moto jacket with grommet-covered sleeves was another.

"I was really in the mood for shopping, so I tried to design a current collection that girls will want to buy and wear," Rodriguez added. This editor was eyeing a pair of loose-fitting leather track pants with zipper details and a slouchy gray and black suit that brought a laid-back coolness to officewear. The designer also had several ruffle miniskirts and high-waisted leather shorts on hand, alongside a sleek knee-grazing black dress with sexy cutouts. Not bad for an afternoon spent working with a pair of scissors and a pile of shopping bags.
(Click for HQ!)

style.com & wwd.com

04-01-2013
fashion insider

amazing collection, i love every single piece

05-01-2013
backstage pass

I agree, I would wear everything! Really sleek but simple collection, I like the greens and blues mixed with the neutrals.

V.I.P.

I had to check the thread title a few times to make sure this really is Robert Rodriguez and not Narciso Rodriguez because so many of those looks remind me so much of Narciso's latest collection, especially all the slouchy pants and simple draped tops.
I don't really like anything in the second post, but there are some great looks in the first part, especially the one with the white top and black mini skirt, that's super pretty and chic. Looks #3 and 5 are interesting, too.

05-01-2013
trendsetter

Another amazing collection from him. I would wear it all.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
06-01-2013
tfs star

I absolutely love it!

07-01-2013
backstage pass

Very impressive stuff.. great collection!

07-01-2013
tfs star

im in love with this!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, prefall, robert, rodriguez