How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-02-2010
?

Easily my favorite Rodarte collection so far.

17-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
The white dresses are some of the most ethereal creations I've ever seen. If you were to put the soul of a ghost into a dress, those would be what you'd end up with.
Perfect sum up. I love the white dresses. It's not my favourite collection but it's still interesting. I'd much rather look at this than a Calvin Klein.

helmut.newton I could listen to you talk about fashion all day.

17-02-2010
backstage pass

I havebeen a huge fan rodarte ever since their first collection, and I absolutley loved this. So beautiful and such emotional clothing. The last couple of white dresses brought tears to me eyes.

Fingers crossed we get to see some of this collection on the red carpet. I can see keira knightley, Kirsten dunst, natalie portman and dasha zhukova in some of these dresses.

17-02-2010
backstage pass

Shoes by Nicholas Kirkwood Video
Amazing Shoes by Nicholas, there is light inside the heel! Love it!

From SHOWstudio.com

fashion icon

This looks more like a spring collection than their actual spring collection did.

17-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
these rodarte girls simply can't win in this forum. over the past four seasons, we've seen posters in this forum find as many different reasons to dislike their collections even as their indivudual criticisms get disproved. first, it's that they do the same thing all the time. however, except to those who know NOTHING about fashion, one can see how they've changed and evolved over the seasons. second, we have so many argue that their clothes don't make women beautiful. this year, we've watched as women as diverse as reese witherspoon to michelle obama absolutely RADIATE in garments by rodarte. finally, we've watched as many have cricitized this label as some rarefied -- and yes, expensive -- experimentation that has nothing to do with dressing real women on the street. this collection more than any other goes to put that criticism to rest.

this collection actually contains pieces that could easily fold themselves into the modern wardrobe of the fashionable woman living in any city. whether it's those gorgeous pants or astounding skirts -- that could pair themselves with white blouse and missoni coat for day or a balenciaga leather tank and opened toed boots for night -- to that great outerwear which left behind much of the edge we've seen in collections past. the sunset/"magic hour" palette of this collection strikes me as the most autumnal and utterly beautiful we've seen so far. when one looks at collections like this, it really puts other labels in their league to shame: can one honestly look at a garment by zac posen and say that this much thought, and workmanship, and time has gone into each one?

style.com

you said all ... it

Aby
V.I.P.

The white dresses are exquisite. Not fond of the rest.

17-02-2010
shake off your flesh

Details - HQ

vogue.co.uk

17-02-2010
shake off your flesh

vogue.co.uk

17-02-2010
shake off your flesh

vogue.co.uk

17-02-2010
V.I.P.

Say what you want,but those printed dress at the beginning are just plain hideous,same with all the knitted printed pieces,you call them "edgy",I call them ugly!
The rest is typical Rodarte stuff,which I like
The heels are just divine,Nicholas Kirkwood is a master when it comes to shoes!

Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
these rodarte girls simply can't win in this forum. over the past four seasons, we've seen posters in this forum find as many different reasons to dislike their collections even as their indivudual criticisms get disproved. first, it's that they do the same thing all the time. however, except to those who know NOTHING about fashion, one can see how they've changed and evolved over the seasons. second, we have so many argue that their clothes don't make women beautiful. this year, we've watched as women as diverse as reese witherspoon to michelle obama absolutely RADIATE in garments by rodarte. finally, we've watched as many have cricitized this label as some rarefied -- and yes, expensive -- experimentation that has nothing to do with dressing real women on the street. this collection more than any other goes to put that criticism to rest.

this collection actually contains pieces that could easily fold themselves into the modern wardrobe of the fashionable woman living in any city. whether it's those gorgeous pants or astounding skirts -- that could pair themselves with white blouse and missoni coat for day or a balenciaga leather tank and opened toed boots for night -- to that great outerwear which left behind much of the edge we've seen in collections past. the sunset/"magic hour" palette of this collection strikes me as the most autumnal and utterly beautiful we've seen so far. when one looks at collections like this, it really puts other labels in their league to shame: can one honestly look at a garment by zac posen and say that this much thought, and workmanship, and time has gone into each one?

style.com

I must say... I just liked this collection at first, but you've (kind of) converted me with a valid point; Rodarte garments, particularly those specially made, always shine on the red carpet. It kind of kills that old notion that a look can be too edgy or too couture for a regular, day to day person- let's be honest, Reese Witherspoon is about as beige as they come. What they're doing is really revolutionary in that regard; they're brining something long devoid from celebrity looks to the forefront- looks that aren't just beautiful and intricate, but inspired.

17-02-2010
trendsetter

I've just realised what Rodarte reminds me of!

When I was a child, in the haberdashery departments of department stores, they used to drape pieces of fabric, haphazardly, all over the mannequins (presumably, to demonstrate what could be done with it?).

Apparently, they could have done that to a model, sent her down a runway and charged a small fortune for it?

Last edited by chloehandbags; 17-02-2010 at 11:16 AM.
17-02-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Disappointed. Though I don't know what I was expecting.

a hymn to darkness

Only one phrase can be used to describe this collection: SENSORY OVERLOAD. I am all for an abundance of various textures married together but the lack of harmony in a few of these pieces is unsettling and frankly, rather 'ugly'. On the same token, there are a lot of stunning pieces where the textures and prints work flawlessly with one another. All of those white looks are sublime. If only they'd taken that route for the entire collection. It could have been an exploration of white + varying textures.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, f or w, rodarte, york