How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-02-2011
V.I.P.

Bittersweet feelings here... I'm sure glad they seem to keep working on a gradual evolution but as much as the usual Rodarte fan that I am, I'm not feeling this collection. Maybe it'll grow in me with time... I believe they are good show girls, so I have to see it in motion.

I feel that the inspiration is not as whimsical as it usually is, this whole 'Dorothy/Amish/Southern Americana' nostalgia ain't cutting it for me... and as much as everyone dislikes seeing big names thrown in other collections, I am getting some slight Marc Jacobs F/W 10.11 vibes here (but he captured that feeling better without getting too literal).

I'm not giving up yet, as I feel that the fabric selection is quite exquisite. The hair/makeup is quite lovely too. Even the venue seems interesting! So I really don't know why it isn't an instant love for me.

15-02-2011
Unveil Yourself....

LOVING IT! Such a delicate collection with hard, angular edges...the coats are my favorite part of the collection. They slightly remind me of Mary Poppins!

twitter.com/ErikP87
15-02-2011
ętre ton cygne noir

Oh my gosh! I am so in love.

15-02-2011
V.I.P.

interesting collection, definately. i like the focus on triangles and how it all points to the waist. unusual color palette though, still nice!

15-02-2011
V.I.P.

I love the virgin (angelic / virgin mary) vs. whore (slutty red / mary magdelen) dichotomy here, with most leaning toward the pure, angelic side. This is a standout collection thematically and commerically.

KUDOS to the Rodarte team!

15-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge_red View Post
interesting collection, definately. i like the focus on triangles and how it all points to the waist. unusual color palette though, still nice!
And triangles, too, tie into the theme, as triangles are often linked to divinity (and of course the father, the son and the holy ghost - I have no idea if they were going this "catholic" in their imagery, but it's what comes to mind for me. certainly spiritual, whether in a new-age-fairy-type-way, or amish, or catholic, or all of these and more, for e.g., potential earth goddesses in those lovely green floaty pieces).

15-02-2011
What fresh hell is this.?

At first glance I got an 'eskimo' vibe, I think it's the footwear mixed with some snowqueen references...

I did not expect them to go down this road, but I'm glad they did. I really like it especially the neutral colored pieces.

windowshopping

beautifully executed. love the digitally printed gowns. i love their work the most when they mix and manipulate textiles though. they will always be artists that do fashion to me.

15-02-2011
Fat Karl

Another excellent step in the right direction. Fall/Winter 2010 was about as long as they could bear to keep going with the draped, collaged aesthetic...and then they produced the excellent Spring/Summer 2011 show...and I think that this season is even better.

Can't wait to see a video, as the staging and the music are always so interesting and provoking.

V.I.P.

If Marc Jacobs did Couture it would look this.

15-02-2011
backstage pass

Left me breathless.

15-02-2011
trendsetter

I hate it. The cuts are very unflattering imo.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
15-02-2011
trendsetter

this takes me back to thei very early collections and this looks wearable and going to sell.

15-02-2011
backstage pass

I'm not in love with it as much as last collection, which was amazing, but there are some outfits here that I'm loving. Overall good show I'd say.

15-02-2011
fashion elite

what a whimsical collection! beautiful!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, rodarte, york