How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2014
fashion insider

I enjoyed this collection, I'm so happy they are back to that whimsical dreamy collections they do so well. A lot of great ideas here.

11-02-2014
.my prison is your brain.

They're so pretentious. I miss the old days when their collections didn't look like geeky arts & craft projects. Barf.

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

here we go again

11-02-2014
backstage pass

... did Tavi Gevinson design this?

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

Oh dear Lord, it gets worse with every season. Those Star Wars gowns are the kind of thing that's so freaking ugly, that it goes full circle, breaks the boundaries of ugly, and goes back to being pretty. The whole collection is so random... It really bothers me how random and uncohesive the collection is. And it's so sparkly, too...

11-02-2014
fashion elite

Trash.

V.I.P.

Ya know what, after going over this several times, I've decided I love it. I am a Star Wars fan after all. XD

11-02-2014
trendsetter

It's better than last season's travesty, well it's near impossible to get worse than that, but this is an utter mess. There are a few good dresses that help this collection, but the looks that resemble horrid caricatures of the ladies of Grey Gardens and the random Star Wars finale grossly outweigh them.
I say it every season as of late, but for girls that showed such early potential it makes little sense they have gone so far off course. From jewels in NY's crown to absolute jokes.

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

11-02-2014
fashion icon

Their S/S 14 collection goes down as one of the worst collections of all time for me, so this is obviously an improvement. Unfortunately a majority of it is still really ugly & cheap looking. They've completely lost their identity as designers & it's sad to watch. They had this great thing going for them when they started out. IDK what went wrong.

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

This is a total 180 from last season, which was utter trash. They do have guts to put different looks out. This was a nice collection I thought.
Overall though I find their design aesthetic very schizophrenic.

11-02-2014
V.I.P.

This collection is so much better than their last (not saying much), but a lot of it is still largely hideous. Some of the (non-glitter) jackets actually are really nice, as well as some successful sweaters.

The cherry on top of the kitsch cake are the Star Wars dresses which part of my loves because it's like Etsy fandom gone crazy. So awful it's almost good.

backstage pass

The first look on Iekeliene gave me a very slight Galliano fall 2003, with the jazzed up 40s vibe, floppy beret hat, OTT make up and leather gloves but then the tone quickly changed with all that floaty, dreamy, creamy sparkly chiffon that followed
We were transported into the 70s and I think that's where we stayed for the rest of the collection.
It was just a mess. Those 5 dresses toward the end including that green thing Nadja Bender had on reminded me of the curtains and table cloths my grandmother used to have in her house. Thick, piled, velvety, dark, dense fabric for evening wear....
Don't get me started on the Star Wars dresses or that cast (were look 2 to 15 the same girl?)

11-02-2014
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingGuy82 View Post
We were transported into the 70s and I think that's where we stayed for the rest of the collection.
Yeah. Those pastel gowns to start with are definitely straight up 70s colors/inspired + the macrame + The Star Wars. I don't know why they have to take their inspirations so literally every season, it's not working!

11-02-2014
fashion insider

for me this looks like some etsy version of sonia rykiel, mixed with I don't know this kind of teenager's sparkly dust version of the brady bunch… And those star wars gowns are so lazy.. It's like they just slapped the pictures on there for the hell of it. I don't understand this as a collection either. I feel kind of overwhelmed by it all. I might like some pieces but I guess I'll figure that out once I see them separately somewhere else..

(I know it's been said a lot over the past months, but I was watching black swan again the other day, it's sad and kind of upsetting to see where they're ending up after such a great start.. :-( )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1415, f or w, rodarte, york