How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

^^^ Abbey Lee Kershaw!

They even mentioned it in the style.com review! Awkward!

10-09-2008
Of too many minds

Everything is so beautiful and while you can definitely spot influences from their previous 2 seasons, that's not such a bad thing - all the pieces have a certain air of refinement and evolution to them. I love the leather pieces, as well as the black and blue dresses.

I'm going ga-ga over the shoes, but they literally look painful to walk in..it's not the heel height that bothers me, but the fact that they are strapped to the feet using chains, which I can imagine will dig into the feet after wearing the shoes for sometime.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
10-09-2008
windowshopping

An absolutely stunning collection...yet again! The Rodarte sisters are the next great American designer after Rucci. I love the irony of the hand painted? silk chiffon done in a beautiful edgy manner.

10-09-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

THANK YOU! For all the detail shots. It brings the collection to a different level. I didn't realize those leggings were laser cut latex/leather (can't tell which, I think the former though or perhaps both). And the chains on the shoes are indeed super cool. I think Bliss Lau just started producing chains for shoes but I kind of bet you could do something with a similar effect yourself with big vintage chains.

I'm not a fan of the leather jackets and tight pegged pants which as a look overall, just seems too Rick Owens and not really true to them. Like they felt forced to put something a bit more commercial or different into the collection. I think the robot/android look of the leather/pants outfits fits the overall theme of the collection however it doesn't really seem natural to them. Whatever, maybe I'm making this sh*t up. It's not like I know them

Still though, I don't get all this criticism about wearability. Is Rodarte producing any designs that don't get worn? Um, no. They all do. And with their price tag, I don't think Dr. Airan and Natalie Portman are looking for an everday dress to do their errands in. So to say 'oh but where could you wear it?' well Rodarte pretty much only gets worn to events as it is right now, and I imagine that is how it will continue. Their production run is small I believe and so is their client list. As long as they can stay in production does it matter?

10-09-2008
blink once. blink twice.

Those Shoes Are So Amazing!!!!!

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

I LOVE seeing Rodarte details, always so incredible close up

less is more

When I saw the first couple of images of the show I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I felt it was more of the same.

However, I can't stop thinking of the collection; an absolute stand out for me at NYFW.

On reflection, I think their style is subtly but surely growing and being refined. While it's obviously a Rodarte a collection as soon as you look at it, I think they've really matured and refined their talent as you can see in finished product.

Loved, loved, loved it, especially the really interesting colour palette and of course, the final 3 dresses, in particular, Kasia's.

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

Hq

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

TCC

11-09-2008
trendsetter

this just references balenciaga SO much...i can't get past it

tfs star

I really don't see Balenciaga in this at all.

11-09-2008
barcode

^ Neither do I, and people are throwing that name around since the day the show was posted and I feel like I'm looking at something entirely different.

The skirts have a passing resemblance to last season's Balenciaga stiff wrap skirts, but it's not as if Balenciaga was the first or will be the last to use that skirt design.

Other than that I fail to see what's Balenciaga about any of this.

Last edited by Spike413; 11-09-2008 at 10:22 AM.
11-09-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanaugh View Post
this just references balenciaga SO much...i can't get past it

thats what i thought when i saw some of the pieces but i think the collection is still beautiful

Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwa View Post
Pretty much the same as last season, still it's gorgeous, especially the gown on Jourdan.
I can see the similarities, certainly, but I think this collection is MUCH cleaner than the last; wearable, but far, far from boring.

It pains me to think that this collection probably won't get nearly as many red carpet outings as Marchesa will.

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

man this reeks of balenciaga , I know because one of my close friend has been working at the balenciaga store for years......same materials ,same cuts , similar accessories ,

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, rodarte, s or s, york