How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2008
windowshopping

The dress in Marina is so gorgerous!

09-09-2008
fashion icon

Most of these dresses are beautiful, but the collection is very repetetive, nothing new

scenester

These girls from Rodarte are super freaking talented!!! The new collection is just breathe-taking. WOW. After season and season, they still manage to capture the essence of punk/ rock with a little bit of femininity in it. Wow. I hope they would do menswear soon and make it just as amazing as womenswear. LOVE IT!!!

09-09-2008
backstage pass

repetitive = uninteresting

09-09-2008
No One Does It Like You.

good

Last edited by Royal-Galliano; 09-09-2008 at 04:30 PM.
09-09-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
I love the nude color they used

They seem like they are taking some of their old volume and translating it into more wearable silhouettes while still experimenting.

and as always, I love the hard edge mixed with femininity.

I agree, I think they have evolved into a more approachable and wearable collection while still pushing the envelope through the cracks. I'm actually happy that they are going this way, as much as I love fantasy, I would like to still see it as a reachable place.

TWITTER:
09-09-2008
rising star

very disappointing

not even the economics can justify this collection, because i doubt those same old silk dip-dye dresses are such good sellers.

nice to see them doing leather, but y so boring?

why didn't they use some different techniques, or what about different fabrics for a change!

lazy lazy lazy

09-09-2008
V.I.P.

FOr me they just keep getting better and better, Im in looove with this collection, for me its the highlight so far, I love that they have their signature pieces and they just keep taking it to the next level, love all the chain detail on the dresses and the colors are soo fantastic, and that long gown on Karlie is stunning!

09-09-2008
V.I.P.

Heya.... just got this through from Jefferson and had to post it immediately on Dazed Digital and now here...
I understand the repetition actually but I guess I love the AW/08 collection so much it's hard to be unbiased about these things...

Jefferson's report...
Quote:
Laura and Kate explained how their show was inspired by land art such as Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty, the idea of skeletons in the desert anbd the remnants of things left behind. Their show even had a hole punched through the wall which the catwalk went through. It reminded me of the work of the artist Urs Fisher, the idea of the memory of a place, like the memory of a piece of clothing, a smell, or a colour never quite fading, despite fashion and in the case of land art, nature's forces. Their S&M side was out in force with tight leather leggings on top of Nicholas Kirkwood's co-designed shoes, mimicking the internal wirings of C3PO and R2DT apparently. The Star Wars theme continued into the front row with Natalie Portman, Kim Gordon who both could easily relate to much of the show, the tight cropped leather biker jackets for Kim, the acid coloured Princess Leia dresses for Natalie.
from dazeddigital.com

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
09-09-2008
fashion insider

After seeing the full video, i do see the Balenciaga influences with the wrap skirts, the lean silhouette ( leather and pants section), along, if you look closely during the nude section, those draped and wrapped tops that echo those velvet and satin tops in a/w 08.

Plus, the chains weaved though the dresses remind me of bal of some year, it will come to me.

Overall, I did like the show, it's up there for NYFW. Plus, Coco was strutting the sh*t out of that runway!!

TWITTER:
09-09-2008
Looking Up

Oh wow wow wow!!! It rocks!! The shoes are VICIOUS! I wanna put them on display at my house. Its similar to last season's but I dont care because the inspiration is lovely. I love the multicoloured floor length dresses like the one on Karlie. Very sweet gothic. I think the Rodarte girls are getting better and better ever season.

09-09-2008
tfs star

It's almost an exact replica of last season but nevertheless very pretty. The colored dresses are great, and I particularly love the one on Karlie.

tfs star

The leather jackets and pants are so badass!! I love the dresses too.

backstage pass

daul kim rocks!

09-09-2008
Wanderlust

This video has made me like this collection little more! The gowns at the end with the trains......absolutely gorgeous! And the set was fantastic!!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, rodarte, s or s, york