How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2011
front row

i like the colors and some of the prints but alot of it just looks so fussy and over done. i get that look is kind of their "thing" but sometimes they make that work, and other times it falls flat.
and can i say how disappointed i am in the hair and make-up? its usually a highlite for me but the panda eyes and flat curls are just plain uninspired.

13-09-2011
tfs star

a bit of a mixed bag but Stil. The best collection so far!
Loves: jersey and skirt combo, the maxi version of the sunflower dress
hmmmm?: the purple dress on Karlie and the purple stripy dress
loved the palette and overall dreamy painterly feel,

V.I.P.

This collection is really confusing to me. I loved Mulleavy sisters work till now and I really don't know what to think about this collection,this is the first collection that I don't really like by them. I saw details of clothes and they are wonderful. Palette of colours is really interesting, BUT what the hell are neon colours doing in this collection?? I really don't see at all how they fit in this collection.

13-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianCouture View Post
and now i see the sunflowers by van goooooogggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo

Incredible i die too!
This is so corny!

Last edited by Fatalefashion; 13-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.
13-09-2011
fashion insider

I really think that I like the idea of this collection more than the collection itself. The execution just isn't there, which is such a shame.

fashion elite

The latest collections were so inspiring, this is totally deplorable! So sad.

Stitch:the Hand

this is the worst collection i've seen from them bar none. it's so grotesque.....the dresses are cheesy and what is with the frilly 80's prom dresses? i am so beginning to lose my attraction to their work.

13-09-2011
scenester

What a DISASTER. Heavy handed and dumpy looking to the point of absurdity. Like Scott said, it's grotesque.

13-09-2011
front row

I love the conceptual designs, but the colors and prints are throwing me off

tfs star

Is this the new Rodarte? They dumped the romantic knits and drapes for frumpy grandma's table cloths and curtains? They used to have a forward thinking approach to design with futurism in mind, but now, I feel as though they are going backwards.

13-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post

I've noticed that since the 'references to Mexican drug mules' scandal that Rodarte appearances in print have been scarce; I've seen one piece from the FW collection in editorial so far.
Interesting point Fiercification. Which may contain another. And a link. Around a film. Of course. Although, as the controversy to which you refer shows, it could be all too easy for me to make links that are unjustified and come up with false conclusions. Around art. And this linkage I think I see is dangerous territory. Again. Although somewhat timely. So I will wait and see what Kate and Laura have had to say post-show.

I do hope they have given interviews. As previously. Freedom of speech and all that. Because I was a bit surprised there was no livestream. They used to livestream.

For now I'll just say I don't believe this is in fact a submission to a twee chocolate box aesthetic. Even if at first blush it might appear so. The make up is always quite important with Rodarte I feel and those are pretty angry dark eyes they've directed for the make up look. The edge seems to be being buried increasingly deeper but it's still there I believe.

Last edited by Tentacl Ventricl; 13-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.
13-09-2011
Looking Up

Florals for spring.....groundbreaking.

It's extremely silly and comes off as very fake. It's too 'superficially summery'. The Rodarte girls are much more talented than this. I mean it's pretty, but so what?

13-09-2011
God Save McQueen

much better than last season. much more wearable too. i am not a huge fan of them, but this is an improvement

13-09-2011
fashion icon

Rodarte has done it again! I'm always enamored with the collections they show. Also, for those who are saying it feels too "frumpy" or "vintage/old feeling" personally I think thats part of the charm. I like that it harks back to a different time because I'm bored of everyone who's trying to be "modern." A few of the looks I wasn't keen on but overall I'm impressed with the collection. And as a huge lover of Impressionism and Van Gogh I was excited to see the sunflower and stary-night themed prints/ and color plate. Now if only I could get my hands on one of those outfits...

backstage pass

not digging the prints, but some very gorgeous pieces here

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, rodarte, s or s, york