How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2013
God Save McQueen

This is disgusting. I can't even imagine who would wear this. I guess Rihanna and Miley, but is that the audience they are looking for?

10-09-2013
front row

It's like the Rock of Ages cast meets Vegas showgirl. I can't believe how much their aesthetic has changed, and not for the better. Everything just looked so cheap.

V.I.P.

Another 'so bad it's good' collection from them...some 1992 thrift store post- Buffalo girl realness going on here.

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

LMAO. Glad to see people are finally starting to see that the emperor is not wearing any clothes. They showed some promise in the late 00s, but the last few collections have been devastatingly awful. This one is slightly different in that I don't think they've actually designed anything. It looks like they just went through every 80s store in New York, picked out the ugliest '80s' items and styled them in the most obvious way imaginable. And ta-dah!

backstage pass

i really want to understand how anyone can go to work and say this is what i was to present this season, these clothes represent my idea of beauty this season. it's really confusing and makes me sad considering what they have done in the past.

front row

At least this collection is memorable, in a bad bad bad way.

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
This is disgusting. I can't even imagine who would wear this. I guess Rihanna and Miley, but is that the audience they are looking for?
Yeah, if I thought Rodarte was the kind of brand that makes ironic references to pop cultural phenomenons, this might actually make sense. In a "yeah it's ugly but it represents the current state of pop culture" kind of way. But knowing where they are coming from and what they were capable of creating in the past, this is just repulsive, cannot be excused and is not funny at all. I can't believe at some point we thought those girls should design for Dior This is ridiculous.

10-09-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I can't believe at some point we thought those girls should design for Dior This is ridiculous.
Please don't. That would be the worst nightmare of fashion history imo.

10-09-2013
front row

hi-ya hoo. it's obvious. the girls gonna have to retire after this season.

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

the horror, the horror...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
10-09-2013
V.I.P.

Every season for the past two years I always foolishly say to myself, "I'll check out Rodarte just one more time, maybe they've reverted back to the cool, referential brand that I used to love."

No. I'm not doing that any more. I think I'll just look at their past collections and mourn the loss of what used to be my favourite brand in New York. This looks like run-of-the-mill hipster gear.

backstage pass

Looks like they tried to do something very similar to Balmain. Cool, inspired by the sreets, connected to the city (Balmain is very Parisian and this does look like NY a lot). Sadly, it did not work out.

10-09-2013
Hell on Heels

So.

Considering their recent disasters, i decided to take a few seconds before clicking the thread to stop and lower my expectations at 'dsquared level' as in: expect the worst possible, you won't be disappointed.

I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING THOUGH. like i didn't expect to actually find stuff i could se in an actual dsquared show.

this is just sad. i used to love every single thing they did. what is this crap. this isn't only bad compared to their old stuff, this is absolute crap in every way possible.

10-09-2013
backstage pass

graziadaily

The sisters got their inspiration from the ugliest Balenciaga collection ever done. No wonder it's uglier.

This collection is not modern, elegant, fresh, interesting. There is nothing to point that I could like. Some designers should retire a season or two to make strongs collections instead of delivering uninspiring ideas....
I am so sad. NYFW was about Rodarte a few years ago, the quirky label creating strong silhouettes based on horror movies and manga culture. The horror is just on the catwalk right now....

Last edited by IloveDiorHomme; 10-09-2013 at 01:46 PM.
10-09-2013
rising star

WOW! This is a little bit too much to take in all at once. I agree, it is pretty nasty. I just can't understand how they can go from this:
and this
to this!:

They are trying way to hard! I'ld rather they be repetitive than present crap like this!

Style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, rodarte, s or s, york