How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2009
tailored

Rodarte for Target
Quote:
Designing sisters Kate and Laura Mulleavy will be bringing their ethereal sensibility to a wider world when Target introduces Rodarte in December as part of its Go International series of limited collections.

The 55-piece Rodarte line for Go International will launch at most Target stores nationwide and on target.com on Dec. 20, and will be available through Feb. 6. While it may be hard to imagine translating Rodarte’s hand-wrought designs for the mass market, Target claims to have stayed true to the spirit of the luxury-priced label.

“What you’ll notice is an amazing eye for detail,” said Joshua Thomas, a Target spokesman. “It’s very feminine, yet very modern. The collection incorporates a rich mix of patterns and fabrications and everything from sequins and bows to faux fur. The key with Rodarte is layering.”

Prices for Target’s Go International Rodarte collection will range from $9.99 for knee-highs to $79.99 for a leopard print jacket.

Rodarte, which is known for evening clothes, designed “a variety of great holiday dresses,” Thomas said. “There are stand-alone pieces and pieces that can be worn together to create an ensemble by layering different patterns, textures and prints.”

Go International, which focuses on young or emerging designers, has, since 2007, featured Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon and Tracy Feith. “There will be guests who are familiar with the [Rodarte] name and we will also be introducing it to others for the first time,” Thomas said of Target shoppers. “Of course, we use marketing material such as our Web site. We try to provide an appropriate platform for designers and their points of view. Some guests will have shopped the upscale collection. We will introduce Rodarte’s design aesthetic to a much broader audience.”

Target has been exposing its shoppers to more designers in the last six months. Go International now shares the stage with Designer Collaborations, a new program that features established designers who draw inspiration from a collaborative partner, muse or creative element. Alexander McQueen was the inaugural Designer Collaboration in March. Anna Sui will bow on Sept. 13.

“When the Go program launched in 2006, each designer was available for three months,” Thomas said. “We had used up the calendar [for the year] with three or four designers. It needed to evolve. Our guests are very trend-forward, they’re looking for what’s hot and what’s new. Now we have a lot more time and opportunity to introduce more programs on the floor, like Designer Collaborations. We are spacing out Go so what we do remains fresh. Go is in the stores for 45 days now.”
wwd / august 5, 2009

i cannot wait for this!!

05-08-2009
V.I.P.

Sequins, knee-high, leopard print, and holiday dresses? Please hide my wallet.

05-08-2009
front row

Wow! That sounds really interesting.

05-08-2009
Mr. Magic

Menswear please

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

05-08-2009
front row

Amazing eye for detail? Really?

05-08-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

with a brand as far on the fashion forefront as rodarte, a collaboration with h+m and their more fashion-forward/fashion-conscious clientel would suit their needs better.

fashion insider

I can't wait to see what pieces they churn out for target. I love Rodarte, but the brand has never been the most "practical" either financially or in terms of design, so I'm interested to see what they will do for Target.

MON
V.I.P.

This is such an exciting news! But sadly I can't buy because we don't have target here... :|

V.I.P.

omg dies of happiness, I cant wait to see this stuff Im setting aside a fund asap!!

05-08-2009
V.I.P.

*this messes with my head*

V.I.P.

Am DYING to see some press pics from the collection. I hate that I'm so excited about this though - already thinking that maybe I can buy a dress for a holiday party from there. I hope I'm not disappointed when I see the actual collection.

Last edited by stateofbliss; 05-08-2009 at 05:40 AM.
05-08-2009
V.I.P.

i will be spending my christmas $ on this for sure.

front row

oh how I wish that Target was in Canada :S

05-08-2009
Stitch:the Hand

ditto lucy....and if no men's i will try and acquire the largest of sizes if it's really good,that is. any of their knitwear interpretations,i wonder? finally another interesting talent though. i've only really liked libertine and saunders thus far.

mikeijames,it may be a strategic move too. h&m's are not in widespread locations and they have no online solutions....it could be a way of getting the stuff out there in a more broad manner.

05-08-2009
Of too many minds

I'm excited! Definitely cannot wait to see the pictures for this..!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rodarte, target