How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui View Post
Rosso has killed the house of Margiela. truly unfortunate. I will miss Martin and will always treasure HIS designs!
Couldn't have said it better.

09-12-2009
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Martin Margiela Is Officially Totally Gone from MMM and Will Not Be Replaced

For the better part of a year
, rumors of Martin Margiela's withdrawal from his label have plagued the industry. In October, majority owner Renzo Rosso finally confirmed that Margiela was no longer involved in design and later said he was about to name a replacement.

It seems Rosso has changed his mind: Giovanni Pungetti, chief executive of Maison Martin Margiela, said today that the designer has quietly left the comapny and will not be replaced. The fashion house, which had in the past offered his job to Haider Ackermann and Raf Simons, will continue to operate with the creative staff, 28-strong, that Margiela developed over his 20-year stint. According to Pungetti: “It would have been very simple to hire someone else, and we evaluated that option, but in the end, what is important is the taste of designer." Pungetti confirmed that Margiela's appearances in the studio had been sporadic over the past two years, but it wasn't as a result of a falling out with Rosso, as some rumors perpetuated. He simply, after 20 years, decided to walk away.

As Suzy Menkes points out, the move to use a group over the typical one-person appointment could be a turning point in the way fashion houses are run, if successful. "If the Margiela brand remains vibrant and vital without one creative force — and only time will tell if the image is fading — the Margiela initiative will be studied by the many historic brands trying to stay relevant in the 21st century."
fashionologie.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
10-12-2009
technicolor tweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
Very Funny, I sent a somewhat demanding e-mail to their press office asking if Margiela was still in the house just a couple of days ago...

The problem is that Margiela has built his appeal on using high concepts - and then translating them into purposeful, timely, and extremely chic clothes. Russo is grossly underestimating how much skill and how much of a singular vision that takes.

Despite that MMM has always been officially referred to as a "collective" it's no secret to anyone that Martin's own design direction was integral to their output. And let's say it weren't and that the team was perfectly capable of doing it on their own, they are taking direction from buyers and production lackeys at Diesel...there's a reason why some Margiela right now could easily be confused with Dsquared cast offs... not too hard to switch the labels around....
true! I've been to Staff Int'l sales and I have seen very beautiful garments labeled D2 but were concept-wise clearly not.

Seeing as Staff produces for Viktor&Rolf as well as sophia Kokosalaki it could have very well been one of their designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamb View Post
On a serious note though, I heard from a reliable source that a major store and faithful supporter of his line here in New York is planning on dropping the line for the upcoming season.......................
Important Margiela-faithful retailers in Italy are dropping his line too.. among them Ivo Milan and Interno31 in the veneto region (these are the ones I know for sure). The store owner have told me that others have followed suit.

Last edited by Jungla_Juana; 10-12-2009 at 03:12 PM.
10-12-2009
Stitch:the Hand

oh i think we can all expect that autumn will definitely be the final season of MMM for many shops. out of sheer faith for MM himself,disgust over renzo's complete lack of honesty and just the lack of integrity and quality in the designs. spring was just too unbearable to even think that any faithful shop other than those quick to jump on the bandwagon would consider carrying such a mish mash of utter horror.

12-12-2009
scenester

where will he go?

12-12-2009
Stitch:the Hand

^i think it had been said,when rumours had been swirling about his retirement early in the year,he would be going down a similar path as helmut lang....art.

Last edited by Scott; 12-12-2009 at 11:21 AM.
11-12-2013
flaunt the imperfection

https://www.byronesque.com/editorial...mmnot-diesel#2

byronesque.com

video about what it was like to work with Martin Margiela for the last three years before he left fashion...
goran pejkoski talks about designing the runway collection with MM---a man with ideas...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
confirms, longer, maison, margiela, martin, rosso