How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2013
fashion insider

It all seems so...severe. It's interesting how it's these younger designers who are designing such mature clothing...

12-02-2013
fashion icon

Seeing the whole thing on style.com was a let down. They've been designing rather significant collections, to toss that wonderful direction aside and make these awkward versions of Celine is so disappointing.

12-02-2013
fashion insider

This amazing blazer...

style.com

12-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
So they don't do a show? Their work isn't even on Style.com. These are the only images we get? Is that a fur hemline!?
They've always done quite small presentations/runways (and tbh I think that kind of humble/modest start helped them build their credibility--I mean look at what happened to Kanye with his first collection at Paris fashion week). And what do you mean? Their collections are on style.com, this one is currently on the front page:

style.com

Last edited by barbiestolemyDVN; 12-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
12-02-2013
backstage pass

HQs

style

12-02-2013
backstage pass

style

I like this.

12-02-2013
trendsetter

^ Me too, very sleek and sophisticated, without any excessive elements. Beautiful.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiestolemyDVN View Post
They've always done quite small presentations/runways (and tbh I think that kind of humble/modest start helped them build their credibility--I mean look at what happened to Kanye with his first collection at Paris fashion week). And what do you mean? Their collections are on style.com, this one is currently on the front page:
I meant what I said, lol: the collection was not up when I posted my statement...

As to their small presentations, there are a number of ways of looking at these, and each could be seen as valid, depending on perspective: perhaps to some it appears modest; to others it might seem pretentious, unduly exclusive, etc...

Now that I've seen the full collection, I can say that I really like a number of looks in the first half / darker part of the collection, particularly the long blazer/jackets. The second half I find to be too matronly.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

They are no more pretentious or self-indulgent than other designers.

This collection is absolutely beautiful. I love the uniquities: those gorgeous embossed neutral prints, the gold nicked buttons, the fabric overlapping panels on the coats and blazers. I admire their taste level. Most of all I am appreciative that they went with sleeker silhouettes this season. This is my favorite collection of NYFW, thus far.

12-02-2013
backstage pass

It's stunning collection. Some details, fabrics and colors so beautiful.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Through, and through beautiful collection, so many pieces i love here.

12-02-2013
fashion icon

Another great celebrity turns designer.

12-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

heather anne,i wasn't speaking about the presentation. i don't mind that. it's just what they do. if you compare how expensive this line is compared with lines at the same level and this is the kind of product you see?? time and again,i try to see what's so great about they do,but their cutting is always very "mccall's patterns"...the proportions don't have a lot of variation...usually one way or the other. for the lack of actual design,i can't understand how they justify pricing on the level luxe labels. good fabrics and a bit of expensive fur don't equal good design.....regardless of how simple it is.

...they aren't hermes by any stretch of the imagination.

22-05-2013
V.I.P.

Need all of this in my closet and ASAP, never even paid attention to The Row until now. Definitely keeping my eyes open.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, olsen, row, york