How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2011
backstage pass

The pics are to big so they may be to heavy for some people PC, the nexts are thumbs

14-02-2011
backstage pass

The last ones (these set and the one before are just way WOW !!)

Source: Vogue.com

14-02-2011
V.I.P.

^Wow wow thank you very much.
The black coat at the beginning, and the croco bag are killer.
I like the mocassins too.

V.I.P.

this is very Wes Anderson aesthetically. i like it. will need to observe the pieces more tho that yellow coat has my heart.

backstage pass

While the others F/W collection that I've seem (I confess that I haven't see that many) seem to have played with colors and patterns and playing with visual sense, The Row is playing with fabric and texture and tactile sense. Even if I not a big fan of fur, this collection (except the hats - but I'm guessing they are for styling) is just gorgeous. Wish we get better pictures of the shoes (I believe they are the ones on the models feet?) and bags ( I really like the black one on the last picture of the first set).

Last edited by MaybeJaded; 14-02-2011 at 05:03 PM.
14-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
The Olsen Twins’ Luxury Line: Made to Make You Smile.

The Row, the ultra-luxury line by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, opted out of a runway show, and instead showed off its collection in intimate one-on-one interviews throughout the day.

The Olsens used the animated films “Fantastic Mr. Fox” and “The Triplets of Belleville” as a jumping off point for the collection’s luxurious fox fur coats.

“When we styled the pieces, we knew that we wanted it to be item-based, so it could be mixed and matched,” Ashley Olsen said. “We wanted each piece to stand alone.”

“I think fashion should have a sense of humor,” Mary-Kate Olsen said, noting some of the sunny yellows in the collection. “We wanted people to smile.”

The sisters added that because they were designing the fall collection during the recent big snow storms, they added more jackets, including a puffy silver jacket and puffer ski pants for getting around in post-blizzard days.

The Row also previewed its first handbag collection.

Ladylike clutches came in crocodile, while a delicate little satchel was covered in long black ostricth feathers.

There was also a so-called twin purse, which features two small bags in different colors sewn together, so women can flip around the sides according their whim.
Source:the wall street journal (wsj.com)

and another reaction tweet

Quote:
TheSTStyle
.Just saw The Row. Ashley said she wanted to do the 'ultimate luxury.' Read: fashion's version of a bear suit. Love! Stand by for pic...
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Last edited by MaybeJaded; 14-02-2011 at 06:16 PM.
14-02-2011
backstage pass

interesting... the girls weren't at the presentation! they left writing notes

Quote:
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=541&sid=2271572

just the link because (Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

14-02-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Perhaps they didn't want their celebrity to interfere with the collection? I wouldn't blame them.

It is so luxe! I can't even imagine how beautiful some of these pieces must be up close. With this collection you can really tell how much they have progressed as designers, and frankly as artists. They are getting further away from the basics and wearables they started with and creating a more unique and inspirational aesthetic. They have been so smart in their decision making with The Row -- it's fun to watch them define their brand, and I can't wait to see what's next!

14-02-2011
fashion insider

I think this collection is a huge step forward for them. Definitely my favourite of theirs, cannot wait to see these pieces in person.

trendsetter

I'm sooo proud of them!! This is such a strong collection and so luxe!!

14-02-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
^ Perhaps they didn't want their celebrity to interfere with the collection?
I agree. I think one of the reasons The Row collection is as popular as it is. They aren't using their celebrity to push the line. Thats getting more rare these days.

On the other hand, they present very nice pieces - wearable, quality, fashion, forward, modern pieces. Well done!

15-02-2011
fashion icon

every collection and presentation really brings them close to being designers and less of the celebrity name.

fashion insider

This seems like a much more ambitious collection than they've previously done, and they've pulled it off very well. Love the different textures in this collection!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
^ Perhaps they didn't want their celebrity to interfere with the collection? I wouldn't blame them.
oh I agree with you, HeatherAnne, I just thought that it was really unusual for the designers to be absents from the presentation, but then again the one thing I Love about these girls is the fact they always push the envelope and are such risk takers.
And the more I see the others collections the more in love I'm with The Row, The girls really stand out among them. I may be biased but so far this is the best collection I've seen.

a review from WWD.

Quote:
The Row RTW Fall 2011

One of the great joys of working in this industry is seeing talent develop rep, especially in the wake of widespread cynicism. Enter Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, whose The Row is progressing into a dazzling jewel, its multiple facets still emerging.

The designers maintain that theirs is a collection of pieces, essential items that fold into a broader wardrobe. Perhaps so, but what the Olsens presented for fall looks suspiciously like a full-fledged, sophisticated collection. They started from a dual inspiration — “‘The Triplets of Belleville’ meet ‘Fantastic Mr. Fox,’” with a little Donald Judd tossed in. That meant a darkened sensibility with some jolts of color. It also meant some impressive furs, flamboyant in their raw, au sauvage appeal. The lineup has a more obviously urbane side as well, seen in pieces such as a beautifully tailored black coat with buckle closure and a quiet belted cap-sleeve dress. As for the brighter side of things, a color-blocked belt added dash to a marigold coat.

Such bravado is part of a push toward branding. Hence, the discrete “TR” embroidered onto knitwear, and the launch of The Row’s handbags. These range from a sleek backpack to a two-section bag that comes in laptop and evening versions which is called, yes, Twin Set.

15-02-2011
V.I.P.

holy shis! the olsen twins are so genius! this is the best collection i've ever seen! seriously, the head pieces, belts, coat, bags, *dyinggg..*

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, ashley, marykate, olsen, row