How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
vogue.co.uk

26-09-2011
& b

great! raf simons would've been the absolute worst choice for ysl. if anyone, i would love to see vanessa seward take over...her azzaro was to die for and she had already worked on the team with tom ford during his years at ysl.

scenester

I know someone who's gonna get crashed by Ms. Menkes.
I mean, it's her fault too, how can a so famous and serious editor spread such FALSE rumors?

Also, the thought that Pilati (from PPR) would go replace MJ at Louis Vuitton (LVMH) is totally insane. Pinault would never let him go, especially to his direct concurrent Arnault!

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ I don't get it either. We are talking about Suzy here. SUZY. Why would she report this unless it was solid. Her source is going to get it.

PS Yay Stefano is staying.

26-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

Once again, another sigh of relief but another bout of disappointment - I'm getting quite irritated by these all-too-numerous false rumours and wasted excitement.

26-09-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
where there's smoke, there's fire. anyone who thinks pilati's work of late represents his best for the house of yves saint laurent not only insults pilati but openly overlooks the brilliance of his earlier work. further, i saw a video snippet somewhere -- i forget where -- that showed pierre berge extolling someone else as the best designer in paris.
I agree, we haven't heard the last of this yet.

TWITTER:
26-09-2011
fashion icon

Chloe dismissed rumours of Hannah McKibbon leaving right before she was let go. You never know with these things. If it's not true, of course YSL would deny it. If it is true, of course YSL would deny it. So none of it means anything, yet. It's an idea, one seemed to be grounded in some sort of truth. We'll all find out soon enough.

26-09-2011
chaos reigns

Honestly Im feeling really bad for Stefano. People seem to really really dislike him at YSL.

And you know what do I want to say?:

LEAVE STEFANO ALONE!!!

lol

trendsetter

god, YSL, PRR keep playing this childish game on Stefano....

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Do editors etc really not like Stefano? Last I read old Pierre was happy with his work but then does he still have a say.

26-09-2011
flaunt the imperfection

i have to admit that when i saw what raf showed at jil sander...
my very first instinctive thought was...
'this looks like what pilati does at ysl...
only this is better...'

so...in a way...
i can understand how rumours might get started...
i do think it would benefit pilati to take note of jil sander this season and try to bring some of the sexiness of raf's S/S 12 collection over to ysl...

ysl hasn't been the right kind of sexy since alber elbaz left...
Elbaz is the only one who i feel has been able to capture and carry out Yves' legacy...

Last edited by softgrey; 26-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.
26-09-2011
Stitch:the Hand

^that's how i feel about raf,in general,really. obviously people still don't quite get raf nor the possibilities of his talents. also,to stereotype YSL simply as a flouncey-pouncey designer really undermines the true genius of the crťateur. there is so much more beneath the obvious. YSL was a speaker of a universal language....he incorporated culture like no one in his era.....raf simons also has this great ability to speak cultural languages through his work. YSL was an artisan....a craftsman...of the finest degree....raf is a technical wizard. YSL was an innovator in that he often challenged the system by sidestepping current trends and creating his own vision and what was or should be new. that's another attribute raf simons boasts. so to me,it's much more appropriate than you think.

also,for suzy to sort of instigate this rumour,she would have to have solid sources. she never divulges bold statements without substantial reason. and like mutterlein says,just because they deny it doesn't mean it's still not true. obviously some houses like to keep things top secret while negotiations are still underway etc. not saying that's the case but i'm sure we'll soon find out one way or the other. remember there were months of rumours and denials surrounding hedi slimane before he finally departed YSL Homme. you never really know and you certainly can't take anything any corporate entity says at face value.

27-09-2011
fashion insider

This is some sh*t right here I tell you! So, where would Pilati go? Playing devil's advocate here...is he going to slink off like Slimane or Ford and experiment with a different medium? Is he going to be my sex slave? is he going to start his own label?

if he did leave YSL, where would he go?

TWITTER:
27-09-2011
front row

for ysl , I find most of the collections simple and ordinary but accessories make a peak and difference so many fashion insider carry YSL clutches

27-09-2011
Mr. Zhivago

Suzy better gives Stefano a very good review for YSL's upcoming show!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
it’s, laurent, leave, official, pilati, st, stefano, yves