Saint Laurent F/W 2018.19 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
27-02-2018
windowshopping

I felt very self-aware as I was watching this show, it all seemed so familiar and nothing really excited me..now i really understand the argument/points that people were saying about Hedi during his tenure(although i still disagree ). Since Vacerello's take over of the house I have just been so bored for the majority of each collection. I hope a change in direction comes soon. I like the references to the YSL archives however id much prefer something more inspired and less manufactured, as to me it just seems that the collections are following the same approach season after season.

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
The floral dresses reminded me a little Balenciaga Spring 2008 and Fall 2009
Those Balenciaga dresses are actually inspired by YSL from the 80s do he has a point...

Anyway, he's so painfully basic and predictable. His entire approach is simply take what Hedi did and make a bit more slutty and flashy. Zero vision and voice, zero talent.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
27-02-2018
backstage pass

The King of the Gimmicky Mini Dress has gone back to copying Hedi and Marant... color me surprised.

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

I think this brand is on autopilot and living off the Hedi effect , but problem is when Hedi presents his collections at Celine which again will probably be renditions of 80s disco sluts and punk whores , how will Vacarello fare?

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

I feel like there are some flashes of something good here that are buried by ridiculously short lenghts, awkward cuts and huge shoulder pads (given the current state of the season, they've never looked more at home).

27-02-2018
front row

I mean...it's not bad but it's far from good.

I actually like it more than his previous collection but he's definitely cruising through.

Those floral dresses could have been beautiful if he used patterns and prints that didn't look like a grandma's sofa.

I'm getting a sexy mid-20s Mrs Doubtfire vibe from them.

27-02-2018
fashion insider

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

Looks like Zara knocking off Slimane's YSL. Embarrassing really.

27-02-2018
backstage pass

why all the brands looks like ZARA these days.....so cheap
if you can't make the clothes fabulous and stunning, at least make them look expensive, because that's the most basic thing you can expect from a luxury brand

27-02-2018
fashion insider

i love this collection, and though it may be safe- i feel like the YSL customer will be satisfied. regardless- the collection will be styled all the way up, editorially. i loved all the looks- could've done without the florals. jamie bochert's off the shoulder fur look is my favorite in the collection.

Last edited by jeremydante; 27-02-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: added more commentary
27-02-2018
front row

Seriously, this is at the same level of sh*t of Maria Grazia at Dior. Zero everything. The menswear is the definition of unnecessary. He's just as bad as MGC, Virgil, Olivier...

I'm still in awe because I just don't get why he got Yves Saint Laurent. He doesn't even speak in a modern, ambitious or experimental language. Everything is so old fashioned (and not in a good way). I want him out ASAP.

Just like Cathy Horyn said in a very old review for Slimane: There are nothing special about those clothes. They could be displayed in a Topshop Store an nobody will notice it. But, oh, there is a Saint Laurent tag on the neck.

27-02-2018
fashion elite

By far his worst and weakest collection yet. So unoriginal.
There's literally no direction here. It's a bunch of nothing, and it's all over the place. What a huge step back from his latest (very strong, imo) collection.

This is not even Fall/Winter enough for my taste. It could literally pass as a Spring/Summer collection. And the floral dresses at the end... What was that? Tragic ending, to a tragic collection.

28-02-2018
Hell on Heels

lol remember when i used to complain about hedi's same-old collections? This takes that to a whole new level. It's infinitely less ugly than previous seasons' monstrosity, but still... everything looks the same (as his own line as well lol), nothing is desirable or worth looking at twice. what a sad state fashion is in :|

28-02-2018
fashion icon

I was actually a fan of last season's collection so I expected him to continue in this direction, but this is very underwhelming for me. It's basically an exercise in churning out as much product as possible and nothing else. And the menswear doesn't interest me one bit.

fashion elite

If he's gonna copy anyone, he should copy Tom Ford!
It'll be much more contemporary.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, laurent, paris, saint