How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

Saint Laurent Pre-Fall 2013

style

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

style

V.I.P.

HQ

style

V.I.P.

style

backstage pass

And this is Saint Laurent woman ? Really ? I think true Yves Saint Laurent woman - sophisticated, mysterious and passionate is gone. Now we see Sky Ferreira as Saint Laurent woman. There is nothing Parisian left, i see those clothes only on LA girls...

13-01-2013
fashion icon

I can barely see the clothes, but from what I am seeing, this is nothing to fawn over. It looks like just about anything a woman can find on ASOS or some other hip online retailer. Not impressed at all. This is supposed to you Yves Saint Laurent!! I mean c'mon!!

13-01-2013
backstage pass

this is horrid and the fact that sky is doing the lookbook supports the case

Soviet Camaro

I like it, I think it's an interesting Slimane-on-Saint Laurent take. I see some tribute, and some of what Hedi just likes to do.

I think it does look luxe, especially the leather pieces, that moto jacket is pretty nice.

I like the photography, too, it suits the collection.

backstage pass

All I see is hair.

I do like it though and the photography is nice, although I would like a closer look at some of the pieces i.e. that leather dress with studs.

V.I.P.

I actually love this My favorite look is the leather dress with the sequined sleeves, it's incredibly sexy. The dress in the third picture is awesome as well, and I love the whole outfit in the fourth picture. I think this is beautifully styled, the use of leather is fantastic and it all looks expensive and chic, though it's nowhere near as elegant as Pilati's YSL, of course. But I'm really not as averse to what Slimane is doing with SLP as almost everyone else, I like this direction. Some may think it's outdated but I really think we haven't been seeing enough sexy, cool, wearable, "rocker chic" kind of womenswear in high fashion lately, and it's an aesthetic that I'm more than happy to see reemerge. And this is very nicely done. It's one of the better Pre-Fall collections this year, definitely.

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

I kind of like it too!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

14-01-2013
fashion icon

Well stop using black and white image, I just want to see the clothes.

14-01-2013
backstage pass

It's not bad, the toggle coat (from what I can see) looks nice and I like the polka dot chiffon dress. I wish there were better pictures like everyone else is saying but I still like what he's been doing for the house. Doesn't look stale like Pilati's work started to towards the end of his career.

tfs star

This is not good, not true to YSL, we see no colors, only B&W clothes, and they look very mainstream and vulgar, this looks like a Zara lookbook, and this girl for this brand..............
Stefano should never left YSL he was very good, and made some great collections and stunning accessories, now Hedi....if this is true to YSL I don't know what YSL is anymore!

It's a shame that a brand soo sensual, vibrant, parisian, and with an exotic spice to it...turns out like this, bland and lifeless, it lost their charm!

backstage pass

Oh....wow.. I don't like this...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, laurent, prefall, saint