Saint Laurent Resort 2015 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-11-2014
windowshopping

Saint Laurent Resort 2015
Quote:
During the menswear show for Spring/Summer 2015, Saint Laurent showcased several women's silhouettes on the Carreau du Temple runway, from the PSYCH ROCK collection. Exclusively for Vogue.fr, Hedi Slimane unveils a series of his own photographs, capturing the Sixties-inspired collection that pays tribute to the psychedelic rock music movement of the era.

Grace Hatzel by Hedi Slimane, Los Angeles Juin 2014
vogue.fr

20-11-2014
fashion insider

Saint Laurent is so boring...
At least the menswear & the accessories sells.

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

Very cool collection! Just the right amount of Joplin, Slick, Hendrix & Morrison flair. Thanks for sharing!

V.I.P.

must say i feel this is beautifully done. the casting is good. the silhouettes are good. and some looks are Rive-Gauche, kind of - aren't they ?

the first look is pretty magic. it's like a long see-through-veil-cape with embroidered (?) golden (?) stars ! i mean: gorgeous ! you could basically wear this almost all day long - from morning walk of shame to night fame, and in between.

LOVE the poulain coat. that's poulain, isn't it ? gorgeous choice for the leather pattern ! i mean, they went and looked for one good piece. don't know if the pieces in shops will be as good (i guess there won't be much, though... because i bet it would cost at least $10-15k).

apart from the 2 denim looks, and even though there might be too much quincaillerie (hardware junk), i'm sure you can find something in there to please you.

good.

i'm not always liking what he does. but i think he's pretty good at mixing a vibe of both loulou and betty before-and-during Rive-Gauche in his LA rock pose.

PS: c'est fait expres le nom d'emprunt "mehrde" ? c'est pour mehr+merde = plus de ... ?

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 20-11-2014 at 09:20 AM.
20-11-2014
Hell on Heels

Wow, groundbreaking stuff. Also, this skirt is VILE http://www.vogue.fr/uploads/images/t...north_545x.jpg

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
this skirt is VILE
oh that's why i don't like it ...
???

20-11-2014
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
oh that's why i don't like it ...
???
lol i don't honestly understand this reply? I was just pointing out that it's truly horrible.

20-11-2014
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
i'm not always liking what he does. but i think he's pretty good at mixing a vibe of both loulou and betty before-and-during Rive-Gauche in his LA rock pose.
His Saint Laurent is more Loulou than Betty to me. Almost too literal in a way...

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
lol i don't honestly understand this reply? I was just pointing out that it's truly horrible.
i read VFILES - I thought it was a skirt from one of the VFILES students-whatever show.

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

His designs are completely irrelevant to me and his styling or so called historic references leave me immune too, you can tell he really has nothing to say, he's just a coveted cashier responding to what a season feels like or not and in a time where everyone and their dog have a tumblr and material from the past is constantly passed around, Hedi's interpretation is anybody's interpretation. That being said, I often find myself drawn to what he does with Grace, even when he makes his subjects look a little odious, she's still so pretty and has multiple layers in a stare that are past the direction of the photographs and kind of dig up a more soulful side that's missing anywhere else, I like her and I like that he's creating some kind of narrative by using her for seasons now.

eta: I'm confused about this thread migration .. and btw, where's that long dress with patchwork or prints or something that was admittedly good? (I think Grace wore that look).

Last edited by MulletProof; 20-11-2014 at 11:18 AM.
20-11-2014
V.I.P.

As a rock fan I like this collection but is strage to see how YSL turns to Free People..

backstage pass

Beautiful pictures!

20-11-2014
V.I.P.

This is actually just the full Resort collection

vogue.fr

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
20-11-2014
V.I.P.

vogue.fr

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
20-11-2014
V.I.P.

vogue.fr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, collection, laurent, psych rock, resort, saint