How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2012
windowshopping

^ I'm sure it'd be the same if you wore Dior by John Galliano to the Dior by Raf Simons show. YSL just had the nerve to say it...

03-10-2012
fashion insider

Yeah but with Galliano it would have been somewhat understandable, due to his errr.. "issues", as the Dior execs are trying to restore the brand's rep. What is the excuse now?

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
What is the excuse now?
The issue is that Hedi's huge ego talent can't be overshadowed by Stefano's clothes.

windowshopping

^ Private message me then.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Was shock to hear that Hedi attack back in such a way! I don't think it will serve him any good by doing that. Wow...the plots thicken!!

Another publicity stunt for the collection perhaps?

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Well... to be really honest her review WAS biased, because she wasn't invited and because she has a crush on Raf. But still, the whole thing is unnecessarily.

V.I.P.

Ah, her crush on Raf. Damn. Is there any info on it? or is it one of those accusations such as 'you're not good looking enough' 'you're not stylish enough' 'you need to get laid' 'you must have a crush on him' that people throw at women during arguments? cause one could say the same thing about Hedi in regards to Raf, but messing with his sexuality would be outrageously unethical in that particular instance I guess. After all, his work is to design clothes, ours to praise or look the other way.

Journalism, like most fields including science, derive from a personal standpoint, sometimes subtle, sometimes inevitably strong, such as in this case..

backstage pass

But are you sure this is HIM writting?

tfs star

It's hysterical that people are talking about everything else but the collection.

04-10-2012
fashion insider

This brilliant collection has fully reconciled me with Hedi!

It contains everything I`ve always loved about YSL (!) Rive Gauche & Dior Homme.

Fantastic comeback, Hedi!

04-10-2012
trendsetter

I looked at new YSL bags and accessories, which are giant profit sources for a Fashion label. To be honest, they are quite disappointing comparing with the past items. If they can't sell bags well, it is not far to see that child gets fired again, no need to say couture.

Hiring a kid and giving him full control is the biggest mistake that Pinault has ever made. LVMH is notorious, but the CEO is smarter on picking people.

Last edited by balmain1914; 04-10-2012 at 01:40 AM.
04-10-2012
V.I.P.

The collection is 'OK'. I'm not sure it's worth getting rid of Pilati for 'OK', and it's definitely not worth all this hoo-ha with YSL (or Hedi) vs The World.

I'm curling up with second-hand embarrassment, and with the dialogue between BOF and YSL's PR team this attitude seems to be institutionally rife at YSL which really makes me sad. I can't work out whether all of this cattiness is deliberate (as in any headlines are good headlines and it keeps YSL in public consciousness) or not. Either way it's extremely disrespectful to the history of the house.

Prior to the collection I didn't really have an opinion on Hedi. I hoped he would let the collection do the talking. But he didn't, and every time he opens his mouth or tweets another tweet I lose more and more respect. And the more and more this goes on for, the more respect I lose for YSL too.

04-10-2012
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain1914 View Post
I looked at new YSL bags and accessories, which are giant profit sources for a Fashion label. To be honest, they are quite disappointing comparing with the past items. If they can't sell bags well, it is not far to see that child gets fired again, no need to say couture.

Hiring a kid and giving him full control is the biggest mistake that Pinault has ever made. LVMH is notorious, but the CEO is smarter on picking people.
yes, the bags are dull (to say the nicest thing that can be said about them) and the shoes are so basic, date, unappealing and even ugly (some of them). I don't see the accessories selling like they used to, even with all the hype in the world.

04-10-2012
fashion icon

Some of the pieces from this collection are rather nice but as a whole I'm just not crazy about it. I don't really like the bohemian vibe from the collection, it seems a bit stale and so incredibly mass commercialized (through other brands and such) it doesn't feel luxurious. And since Saint Laurent is suppose to be a luxury brand, I'm so not feeling that from the collection. It seems more like the type of clothes that Hedi's LA buddy's would wear.

front row

it's so funny to me because these are the same exact criticisms hedi faced at dior homme a couple years ago! "not luxurious enough" "looks like topman collection" "i could get the same at the vintage thrift shop" lol... but as a dior homme customer who still has a lot of pieces in my closet (even though i admit i can't fit into most anymore but that's a different story ) i can honestly say the truth is in the subtle details, the materials, the construction and most importantly the cut, a simple leather jacket, a trench coat or even the most basic jeans can look a million ways but hedi definitely does it like no other imo..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, laurent, paris, s or s, saint