How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2012
fashion insider

src: nowfashion

Last edited by Morphe; 01-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.

01-10-2012
rising star

I see a mix of various elements from different brands here... not too original, but definitely different from what we are seeing in this season... lots of nods to Yves Saint Laurent (the safari jacket and all)...

It isn't a fantastic collection, it's not a bad collection... I don't know, have to look at the clothes irl before I make a decision.

01-10-2012
backstage pass

WHAT THE HELL

I was expecting something edgy,modern, unique, fashion forward like the work if Hedi Slimane at Dior Homme. What do I get ?

The Olsen sisters look from 2005....MINUS the Starbucks cup in the hands...

This collection is boring, dated and...a joke ? To question who between Hedi or Raf won the battle ? No one. . .

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
i know and i don't care, i was only responding to how commercial this might be.
I didn't meant to offend or push anybody buttons I just saw many people saying it's outdated and I gave my honest answer

01-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
WHAT THE HELL
To question who between Hedi or Raf won the battle ? No one. . .
I kind of agree with this statement... both Stefano Pilati and Bill Gaytten did really good jobs in their last collection at the house of Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior respectively. The new designers stuff are sort of dull in comparison to them...

01-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_ian curtis View Post
Yes, but a new designer at ysl should not recreate what others have already done with referencing the ysl look.
Ok, so everyone copied YSL except for Lanvin, Chanel & Christian Dior. What's a goya to do?

The pants alone in this collection have already convinced me that Hedi is just amazing.

Geometric Discharge

I think it says something that Boho was out the whole time Peter Dundas was doing it at Pucci.. but now Slimane's done it!

This is extremely disappointing, there is hardly anything interesting in terms of fabric, detail, cut, he's doing for women exactly what he did for men years ago.. only when men wore it, it was different. He's not giving women anything that Theysens isn't giving them at Theory.
So disappointing.

01-10-2012
backstage pass

HEDI MY HERO FOREVER AND EVER

01-10-2012
rising star

What the hell were those last looks? And I really can't stand the limp bows. Those bows are sad.

01-10-2012
rising star

This will definitely be my pet hate for S/S 2013! Can´t wait for the ads! :´D

01-10-2012
backstage pass

Congratulations on winning the battle Hedi! This is just spectacular, I can't get enough of it. The bohemian vibe, the skinny suits, the shoes, the hats, everything its all styled so perfectly, and this is a lot better than what I was expecting. I'm glad he went the dark route for spring, i was tired of every collection being a study of the many shades of white. The capes over the gowns look great, and I love those high-low dresses, especially the black lace one. Thank you for restoring my faith in fashion.

fashion insider

The more I look at this collection, the least it looks relevant to YSL's work. Yves had done a lot of things and established a whole lot of trends, the safari jacket, the Africa collection, the use of colorblocking & abstract/pop art, all types of huge and opulent prints and colours, androgynous suits, classic suits, mod, fur, some seriously intense ruffles, big jewellery, sexy business looks etc. Essentially, YSL dressed the "alpha female".

Yeah, he did a bit of boho too but from such a rich fashion archive, he picks... what? I don't see where Hedi got his inspiration from. Did he even give a sh#t?
Beautiful collection but effing random.

Last edited by Morphe; 01-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.
01-10-2012
barcode

This is quite possibly the biggest letdown I've ever experienced as far as designer debuts. There's nothing, NOTHING about this that's remotely interesting, or exciting, or distinct quite frankly. It's Saint Laurent by the books, and honestly I was expecting not only more, but very different from Slimane. Save for the tailoring, which is nice if a little unremarkable, there's nothing about this that says Slimane at all. It's all styling, an upscale Rachel Zoe collection.

Someone else said it but there's very little in the way of actual design here.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

I like the western accents too, Tang! and it does progresses into something slightly relevant towards the end. Mostly because the softness of the fabrics makes the ruffles tolerable..

The thing about boho is that, despite being a mid 00s trend, it was so overexposed and abused that it never left, that's why it's not even exciting as in 'Hedi brought it back' 'Hedi made something so uncool cool again'. Topshop and H&M and Zara are not drafting like crazy as we speak, because guess what, it's already in their stores .. same for forever21 and every existing blog. I guess Hedi just renewed the contract, or resuscitated Sienna Miller's hype or Irina Lazareanu's style... in case someone felt like they still have a few more things to say.

I do like the cowboy of the night feel of some editorials. Which Azealia Banks and Vogue and other magazines have been playing with for the past months..

rising star

Sorry,but I have to address the elephant in the room.
Talking about double standards...Heidi basically does what Raf did.(Combining personal aesthetics with brand's iconic looks.)However when it came to the latter is all glory and genius and now?It's all hyped...It's copying...It's not modern...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, laurent, paris, s or s, saint