How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

The first few looks with skinny pants were great, if repetitive, but once skirts and dresses started rolling it was all downhill from there. Very disappointing collection. I don't even know what I was expecting, but definitely it wasn't this. But again, those skinny pants were just gorgeous.

01-10-2012
fashion insider

Hmm...I thought YSL himself would have paired his blousons with silky, loose, languid palazzos like these:

http://www.bloginity.com/2011/03/yve...l-winter-2011/

The tight, skinny pants are more Italian-sexy, especially when paired with fussy details like bows, chiffon, layers of frills, lace, etc.

I thought Slimane would bring some commercial minimalism to YSL, a more feminine version of Pilati.

The effect of these hats topping some of those evening cape/caftan dress unfortunately calls to mind an image of "Zorro" and not a cool, tall, chic Halston-type babe.

Last edited by Zazie; 01-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
01-10-2012
V.I.P.

No innovation, yes, can't deny that but bearing in mind this is his first womenswear proper, I think he sent out a very convincing and strong collection. I am not disappointed at all.

01-10-2012
fashion insider

I like BIG BOWS and I cannot lie..

01-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
I'm sorry to disagree but I don't really think his 'rocker' aesthetic is THAT fresh now, in 2012. This is very 70s YSL but i don't care for this one bit (apart from the tailoring of some of the suits and a particular look nothing here excites me) and omg whoever mentioned cavalli: that's what this was reminding me of.
I agree that the whole rocker thing is played out, but what I just meant was that it brought a degree of freshness to the YSL brand because he wasn't known for that aesthetic. So many times designers take on these big, iconic fashion houses, but they don't know how to inject their personalities into it while also retaining the label's essence. Hedi managed to meld both the things that YSL was known for while still staying true to himself, so it looks like this entirely fresh collection. It looks modern.

01-10-2012
windowshopping

So good, I enjoyed that moment. the blouses and cropped jackets, so good !

01-10-2012
backstage pass

Dafuq did I just watch?!

This was the most random WIN of all. Favourite collection this season! Wow, it's like all I love in just one collection. Victorian, Spanish, classic, leather, silk, pussybow blouses... It kicked my *** and I can't even breath.

Classic and chic with a freakin' badass twist!

backstage pass

this feels so out of touch with where everyone is at right now, who wants to look like sienna miller 10 years ago?

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Little bit of Gucci, little bit of Pucci, and A LOT of very ugly clothes.

01-10-2012
fashion insider

Stefano Pilati = Older Women
Hedi Slimane = All Women

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
who wants to look like sienna miller 10 years ago?
The same person that probably still thinks Franz Ferdinand is a band to watch: Hedi!

Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
Yeah, he did a bit of boho too but from such a rich fashion archive, he picks... what? I don't see where Hedi got his inspiration from.
Beautiful collection but kinda random.
he picked the ysl era that can be combined more easily with his 'im so rock'n'roll' aesthetic. that's the thing that makes the ysl references and his own vision coherent here.
still so terribly uninteresting. never cared for boho chic, not even the actual ysl vision of it, i can't really bring myself to do it here. and there are some outfits that i find very ugly. like this dress: http://s18.postimage.org/knpxj2edl/2...urent_9656.jpg it's vile. and the belt looks like something from Vuitton fall 2011.

i'll pass on this one. i wasn't too excited about hedi doing womenswear but i was more than curious and somehow hoping he'd surprise me. but he didn't. this is exactly (and even a bit less) what i was expecting him to do.

01-10-2012
fashion insider

UGH...Thats all i felt for this collection....UGH

I just remmeber how riveting Stefeno's first collection for YSL back in 2004 was and when i compare it to this...just...ugh

style.com

01-10-2012
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Stefano Pilati = Older Women
Hedi Slimane = All Women
I'm 26, i loved and own many Pilati pieces. I can't see myself (or any of my peers) strutting around in black and white floor-lenght furcoats and hippie-chic ruffled maxidresses . You can dislike Stefano's collection but in my eyes most of his work was way more modern that the majority of the looks i'm seeing here.

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

All the drama, hype and talk was most certainly worth it, amazing collection. I am surprised how feminine and sophisticated this looks without losing the edge and coolness. It's 50% YSL and 50% Hedi: the perfect tailoring (stunning jackets and trousers), the opulent 70's boho/gypsy style meeting a great youthful and modern look, a looks that will NEVER be outdated. Very Stevie Nicks meets rockstars girlfriends. This will sell like hot cakes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, laurent, paris, s or s, saint