Sarah Jessica Parker Named President and Chief Creative Officer at Halston - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

Sarah Jessica Parker to Take Advisory Role at Halston
Sarah Jessica Parker, who helmed her own ultra-low-cost fashion line Bitten via a partnership with Steve & Barry’s — not long before Steve & Barry’s went bankrupt — is considering returning to the fashion biz, only at a rather higher price point.
E! Online says that the fashion icon — although really, shouldn’t we be crediting/blaming costumer Patricia Field for the much-imitated Carrie Bradshaw look — is talking about consulting with the design house Halston, possibly taking on a role as creative director or design director.
Or maybe just clothing hanger. Parker wears a lot of Halston in the upcoming “Sex and the City” sequel.

nj.com via E! Online

Wanderlust

First Lohan, now this .

13-01-2010
barcode

^ At least she's considered stylish.

And stable.

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

i think its awful news.

SJP's clothing line bitten was awful. so were her statements a few months ago calling her line "the democratic helmut lang".

i feel sorry for marios schwab. he is one of my favourite designers.

backstage pass

Well, I guess at least she'll put work into the project... perhaps more than sticking fingers into her mouth and looking zoned out.

13-01-2010
V.I.P.

I liked the first Halston collection resurrection when Rachel Zoe was involved. It looked good, I never got why there was so much drama.

13-01-2010
fashion icon

She's a style icon, but I think that actresses should stick to acting and leave the whole fashion advisory business to people who actually worked for it and who have dreamt of working in the fashion industry their entire lives.

13-01-2010
tfs star

parker is better than lohan. . . but worse than someone who actually understands fashion.

14-01-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

this makes me smile: for everyone who decried that initial ungaro collection with estrella archs handimark won't find it as easy to dismiss the sjp buying power -- after all, she has a decisionmaking role when it comes to marketing for not only sex and the city, but also her new bravo show. in this economy, money talks.

Wanderlust

I just don't understand why celebs are now taking over creative director roles! That's just unfair. I do not care how much style she may have, the roll of creative director should go to someone who has at least trained somewhat in that. I really hope this is not a trend.

14-01-2010
Unveil Yourself....

I don't get it either....first we had them popping up at fashion week with their own lines (Sweetface, LAMB etc) and now they are taking over respected houses with a great history? Somebody stop them!

twitter.com/ErikP87
14-01-2010
V.I.P.

And Derek Zoolander will be designing for Omyigoto...

The rumors swirling yesterday are true: Sarah Jessica Parker is taking on Halston. Though she will be designing for the Halston Heritage label, there's no word on her actual title as of yet (creative director is what seems likely). Heritage, if you recall, is the secondary line of Halston, and features archival looks. Which means that the Halston line itself is SJP-free and designed by Marios Schwab. Everyone can stop freaking out now. SJP scored herself one heckuva better deal than ol' Lindsay did: She has an equity stake in the company as well as another executive role within Halston.
WWD points out that though Harvey Weinstein is one of the owners, he had little or nothing to do with hiring a Hollywood actress to head up a label. Instead, Hilco Consumer Capital LLC, another of Halston's owners, was the mastermind.

TheCut

14-01-2010
Some Like It Hot

Sarah Jessica Parker For Halston Heritage ?
Quote:
Like a cat with catnip, certain names are irresistible to fashion bloggers and journalists alike. Sarah Jessica Parker being one of them (of course) and Halston being another. So rumours that the two will join forces have ignited feverish speculation this morning.

The news that Miss Parker will be taking on some kind of creative consultant role - thought to be for Halston Heritage rather than the main line - has now reportedly been confirmed. The posters for the next SATC movie show her wearing a white Halston Heritage dress.

Since the death of founder Roy Halston Frowick in 1990, the New York fashion label has had eight owners and six designers. It seems as though, while the will to re-launch the legendary house is there, finding that perfect design chemistry is harder than it sounds. The current owners; film producer Harvey Weinstein, and Jimmy Choo impresario Tamara Mellon, originally hired Marco Zanini, previously a member of the Versace design team, with Rachel Zoe acting as advisor for red carpet and celebrity styling to the brand. Zanini showed only one collection, for Autumn/Winter ‘08, before exiting the label, swiftly followed by Zoe.

Since then, the design team at Halston has worked uncredited. But in Autumn last year, it was announced that London-based wunderkind Marios Schwab had been appointed creative director at Halston, and his debut collection is hotly anticipated. Shortly after this announcement, Parker appeared wearing Halston Heritage on the set of SATC2, and was rumoured to have been signed to model in the ad campaign for the mainline or for Halston Heritage.

Today’s news could mean the diffusion line, Halston Heritage, would be SJP’s responsibility while Marios’ first collection will be shown in New York in a few weeks! Tentherhooks doesn’t even BEGIN to describe!
Graziadaily.co.uk

14-01-2010
V.I.P.

well, atleast SJP is no Lindsay Lohan

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I read this morning that it's official.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chief, creative, halston, jessica, named, officer, parker, president, sarah