How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2012
Mr. Magic

Simon Spurr Exits Eponymous Label
Quote:
The plot thickens...

Or, at least the game of Designer Musical Chairs continues. After plenty of movement among European designers over the course of the past month, a rising American designer has quit his label: Simon Spurr.

The menswear designer has left the brand he co-founded in 2006, Women's Wear Daily confirms. The Friday announcement came as a surprise, as Spurr was just nominated for the 2012 CFDA's Best Menswear Award and received the 2012 FGI Rising Star Award for Menswear only a few months ago.

Reasons for Spurr's sudden exit are unknown. In an email to WWD, he said simply: "At this moment, I'm not at liberty to say anything about what's gone on."

But "what's gone on" might seem to imply that something has actually happened, rather than Spurr simply tiring of the job or deciding family matters were more important, as another major fashion figure has just done.

Amanda Brooks, fashion director at Barneys, confirmed the surprising news of her exit from the retailer this past Thursday, telling WWD that she has "resigned to temporarily relocate to England with my husband and children in the interest of further pursuing other opportunities. It is a personal decision and I will miss working with the Barneys team.”

So far, none of the same confirmations from Spurr. Read more at WWD.com, stay tuned for any developments... and keep an eye out for the CFDA Awards on June 4, where Spurr might still take home the top menswear prize.
huffingtonpost.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

19-03-2012
V.I.P.

That's surprising news indeed. I hope it means he's moving to another brand. I don't see why else he would give up his own label out of the blue, I'm under the impression that his line is quite popular?
Do we know of any menswear labels that are looking for a new designer? Or hopefully he's going somewhere where he will start designing women's collections, too.

19-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
That's surprising news indeed. I hope it means he's moving to another brand. I don't see why else he would give up his own label out of the blue, I'm under the impression that his line is quite popular?
Do we know of any menswear labels that are looking for a new designer? Or hopefully he's going somewhere where he will start designing women's collections, too.
Usually when a designer, especially a young one like Spurr, exits his namessake label there is usually some serious sh!t happening. Like with Mouret who had problems with his backer, I think.

Also the article didnt say that he closing it down (like Tisci did when he went to Givenchy) so I think possibilities are high that there is some serious trouble with the funding.

19-03-2012
flaunt the imperfection..

wait... amanda brooks is out at barneys?
where is the thread on that?!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eponymous, exits, label, simon, spurr