Slow And Steady Wins The Race - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
05-06-2008
technicolor tweed

bumping this thread... and seconding hte request for pics with the wedges!! I want to get the white but I'm afraid they'll get too dirty, so the black is looking like the better choice.

05-06-2008
rising star

i think i tried on those wedges at opening ceremony in ny. maybe try the one in la?

04-03-2009
rising star

Who owns any SSWTR and how are you liking the quality? I've heard of one bad experience through a blog. I'm really interested in buying a pair (or two) of shoes.

fashion icon

she has a collaboration with Urban Outfitters now..its nice stuff..

rising star

i have their sunglasses. i like them. there different.

05-03-2009
rising star

That's interesting that SSWTR has collaborated with UO. Thanks for letting me know. I like the silk tunic but I need to stay focused because I'm most interested in her canvas wedges and pumps. Any thoughts by SSWTR owners?

Stitch:the Hand

love mary ping and SSWR i want to check the UO stuff but what's the diff really...its not like the SS mainline is very expensive. everything is under 100$.

06-03-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroxton View Post
That's interesting that SSWTR has collaborated with UO. Thanks for letting me know. I like the silk tunic but I need to stay focused because I'm most interested in her canvas wedges and pumps. Any thoughts by SSWTR owners?

i have the black canvas wedges and can post pics later if you want. i haven't worn them out yet because i bought them in the winter, and it's still winter here...

06-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
she has a collaboration with Urban Outfitters now..its nice stuff..
I bought the black silky shift dress. Shame that the sweatshirt dress with the slit shoulders was only one-size fits all because I was swimming in it. Great design, though.

07-03-2009
rising star

porkchopgirl, i would love to see your canvas wedges worn. did you order them directly from sswtr or did you buy them somewhere else?

no girl so sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroxton View Post
Who owns any SSWTR and how are you liking the quality? I've heard of one bad experience through a blog. I'm really interested in buying a pair (or two) of shoes.
I don't know anything about the shoes, but I ordered a crazy upside down sweatshirt thing from them once... and it was such incredibly low quality. I returned it, which is pretty bad; I hate returning things and I hardly ever do it (I'm such a weenie, I know ).

15-03-2009
rising star

ok, pics attached of the sandal wedges. sorry, no closeups (internet feets creep me out...)

i bought them directly from the sswtr web site. this was when i thought there were only 100 of them made, so i pounced on them quick. i bought from there because shipping was cheapest ($5). it turns out they were actually backordered when i put in the order, but they were pretty good about keeping me updated. i got the shoes maybe 2 or 3 weeks later.

quality-wise, i think they're fine for the price. the bottoms are smooth rubber-like, so there's no traction, although i've never had a slippage problem. wedge-height is really comfortable. also, one thing to note--the ankle strap is sort of one-size-fits-all (no holes to adjust)--there's a bit of hidden elastic there so you stretch the strap to get your feet in. it's definitely loose around the ankles for me, and when i walk, my feet sort of lift up from the shoes a bit. this also makes my feet slide forward when i walk. however, for me it's not a huge deal since i just really like the simple design of the shoes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedges 001.jpg (17.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg wedges 005.jpg (17.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg wedges 004.jpg (17.4 KB, 106 views)

15-03-2009
windowshopping

lol
here's sswtr's take on a faux fur stole

pics from shopstandingup.us

16-03-2009
technicolor tweed

that stole is amazing!!

16-03-2009
Stitch:the Hand

i love that,00ster!

i dunno what to say about the quality except that it's really mary's intent to offer a response to trickled down basics from H&M,gap etc. you know,get basics that are actually interesting,quirky and experimental. you don't ever get that anywhere that's why this line is so refreshing. personally,i'd rather buy a couple of her pieces that spend my money on stuff that i will never enjoy ultimately.

Last edited by Scott; 16-03-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
race, slow, steady, wins