19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

Stella McCartney (Capsule Collection) F/W 12.13 London

*Vogue.co.uk

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

Review :
Quote:
IF the addition of Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen’s McQ label onto the London schedule affirms the city’s standing in the international fashion line up, surely Stella McCartney’s show tonight – if it can be called a show – proves her one of the most influential designers in the world. Not many others could bring together a guest list like this one: Rihanna, Kate Moss, Jamie Hince, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow – and that was just the seating plan of Stella’s own table. Much table hopping went on in the gloriously decorated hall on North Audley Street – scented with a million fresh lily-of-the-valleys in honour of Stella’s latest scent – as Yasmin Le Bon chatted to Paul Whitehouse, Minnie Driver caught up with Mario Testino, Richard E Grant met Alison Mosshart, Jo Whiley caught up with British singing sensation Katy B – it was hard to work out who wasn’t there.
We were treated to an incredibly elaborate vegetarian dinner before our watches started to near 11pm and we wondered if there was to be an actual show; those of us looking forward to a 9am start with Margaret Howell tomorrow beginning to wane a little. A few models scattered around the room wearing full-length, form-fitting red or blue lace dresses, with others in blue and green marble printed silk with blooming peplums and some long black and white silk columns held on via nude body stockings, didn’t feel quite like the main event. Rumours sprang up that Rihanna was about to sing and we hoped she’d do so soon.
All of a sudden, Dutch magician Hans Klok appeared on the stage, from a cardboard box that had been floating in front of the full brass band seconds before, and got us all whooping as he performed various tricks, the culmination of which saw Alexa Chung hypnotised and balanced - apparently out for the count – on the points of three swords pointing out of the stage. Truly.
We thought that was it – when out of nowhere, one of the Stella models leapt up and started screaming, whereupon the waiters dropped their trays and all the models and various other audience plants (some of whom are booked to dance in the Olympics final ceremony later this year), rampaged around the room in a full flash mob which eventually saw Amber, Shalom and Yasmin carried around the room on chairs, Jewish wedding style. Once we realised the world hadn’t gone mad we began to enjoy it, and by the time they all gathered around Stella on the stage in a gorgeous human tableau we realised that London Fashion Week has just been raised to a whole new level.
The clothes? A capsule collection of evening wear to give us just a taste of what we’ll see on the catwalk for her main collection in Paris the week after next, it was lustrous and feminine and just that little bit eccentric, as Stella tends to be. Watch out for the gob-stopping costume jewellery that will surely be on autumn/winter 2012-3 must-have lists.
*Vogue.co.uk

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

Pieces from the collection

*Zimbio.com

19-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

stunning!!

tfs star

i really like these 3 outfits 1

19-02-2012
V.I.P.

http://www.vogue.com/parties/the-ste...ion-in-london/

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

HQ's

*Vogue.co.uk

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

*Telegraph.co.uk

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

*Vogue.com

19-02-2012
tfs star

The clothes are amazing. I'm sure it was a lovely dinner. Will she show at PFW as well?

V.I.P.

can't wait to see more pics of the clothes, this looks great so far

19-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnyc View Post
The clothes are amazing. I'm sure it was a lovely dinner. Will she show at PFW as well?
Yes she will.

19-02-2012
V.I.P.

-style.com

19-02-2012
V.I.P.

-style.com

19-02-2012
V.I.P.

-style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags