How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2010
rising star

some items are online, more info here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...ml#post6895899

and i found more pictures:

source: gap.com

Last edited by stardust2401; 18-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.

18-03-2010
rising star

and more pictures, again found by me:

Last edited by stardust2401; 18-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
18-03-2010
V.I.P.

stardust2401, you need to provide a source for your images or your post will be deleted. thanks for understanding.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
stardust2401, you need to provide a source for your images or your post will be deleted. thanks for understanding.
hi, Lucy, i found those pictures myself. do you know smth about sku-hunting?

but i guess, the original source is gap.com

Last edited by stardust2401; 18-03-2010 at 08:07 AM.
18-03-2010
rising star

more:

18-03-2010
rising star

more:

18-03-2010
rising star

more:

18-03-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust2401 View Post
some items are online, more info here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60...ml#post6895899
ups, here is the correct link:
http://littlefashionistascloset.blog...ap-spring.html

18-03-2010
rising star

i can post the rest of pictures if anyone is interested

18-03-2010
V.I.P.

it looks pretty nice so far. i like that dusty rose color. i'm glad stella keeps using it in her various collections.

thanks for posting

V.I.P.

interview from style.com

Stella McCartneyís much-adored line for GapKids debuted last season and quickly became the talk of the playgroundónot to mention the envy of petite women, many of whom snapped up the largest-sized pieces for themselves. The second collection of childrenís clothing hits stores nationwide next week, and Style.com caught a few minutes with the mom of three to talk tees, tunes, and one very high-profile fan named Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.

The GapKids collection is your first line for kids. Is the design process different than for adults?
It differs a lot, actually. Number one, itís kids and not adults, and thereís a million issues that come along with thatópsychologically, physically. Thereís a lot of restrictions, a lot of laws and regulations where it comes to childrenóyou canít have a string of a certain length, or a button that fits on. Also, I wanted to avoid very much trying to make your child look like you too much. I think itís nice to have a little touch of that, where you have a big thing and shrink it down. We did that with the Stella jean, for example. But that only works on specific garments. For me, when youíre doing the kidsí wear, you need to treat it like youíre designing for children. A lot of it comes down to the fabrics. Youíre dealing with sensitive skin, for one.

Well, youíve got three young customers at home. How did they influence your process?
I think that it would be a lie to say that having three young children doesnít come into the design process. I donít see how you can design childrenís wear without having children, actually. There are so many elements once you have kids that become critical as far as what you need out of clothes for them: You need them to have a shelf life thatís much longer, they need to be very wearable and very durable, you want to have stuff thatís comfortable but also has a personality. And because the line goes up to 13-year-olds, itís very important that children like it. Itís not a case of you telling children what theyíre wearing, itís them choosing the clothing as well.

And what did your kids think of it?
Iím very lucky. My kids are very proud of it. I took my daughter to nursery [the other day], and she had a little pair of shorts on from the last collection. One of her girlfriends came in, in the same pair of shorts, and she went, Oh, my mummy made these! It was very cute. She knows what she wants, that one, for sure.

Do you have favorite pieces in the collection?
For me, itís very important that there be simple and refreshing pieces as well as the more sort of statement pieces; I think without one you canít have the other. Obviously the miller jacket from last season was very known and got a lot of attention, but equally in this collection, thereís a little denim shirt and a gorgeous pair of espadrillesÖThereís a lot of really sweet pieces. [But] for me, itís so important to have the perfect little T-shirt that gets better with age, too. Iím the kind of person who likes things to get washed and washed and washed for kids and actually improve.

Speaking of that miller jacket, we couldnít help but notice it had a slightly older fan last seasonóCarla Bruni-Sarkozy, who wore it during a TV appearance. How do you feel about adults borrowing some of the kidsí items?
I think itís great. Itís a compliment. Itís something that we thought might happen. I certainly got a couple of the large sizes myself. I donít think thereís anything wrong with it. Itís great to have that kind of interest; itís just a compliment that everybody wants it.

Frankly, I was impressed she could fit into it.
I have to say, I was too.

So how would you say the kidsí collection relates to the main Stella collection?
Itís an extension of the main lineóthe daughter of the brand, or the son of the brand. One place itís really connected to the main collection is use of materials and colors. My color palette is a very Stella color palette. I never really understood why you had to spend more money to get a really beautiful pink, for instance. It seemed like the more expensive brands did the more beautiful colors, and I never understood why that was.

Did you think of expanding the sizes this time around, knowing that thereíd be interested moms, too?
No. Gap actually goes a little bit higher in their kids sizes [than we do in the Stella McCartney for GapKids line], but I didnít want it to get confused with a sort of diffusion range, or Stella McCartney for Gapóitís very much Stella McCartney for GapKids.

Youíve taken to ending your shows lately with a Beatles song. Is there one youíd choose for this collection?
Iíd probably do something like ďSgt. Pepper,Ē nice and colorful. A big brass band, something to get them going.

V.I.P.

I am so happy cause Stella is doing this collection. I love everything what she is doing.<3

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
babygap, gapkids, mccartney, stella