How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2005
backstage pass

Stephen Jones Millinery
i just knew that Chapeaux and hats from Dior are not designed by john but by Stephen jones. is it true? but i found them quite beautiful though

14-10-2005
V.I.P.

yeah, its true!! i love them!! heres the head dresses stephen did for his fall 2004 line...

pics: style.com

14-10-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Yeah,Stephen provides millinery to alot of avant-garde designers. He's even designed those quirky hats Alison Goldfrapp wore during their "Black Cherry" run.

14-10-2005
rising star

Stephen Jones certainly is one of the Galliano family member. He started very early on when john was still struggling, and he followed him wherever he goes: Givenchy, Dior and of cos the Galliano line (both men and women). It's a bit like Philip Treacey for McQueen.

15-10-2005
tfs star

i think i once read on an interview he even has his own atelier inside Dior´s headquarters:

http://www.showstudio.com/projects/360_jones/intro.html

15-10-2005

Here's his CV for the last three years:

Quote:
A/W collection: "JUBILEE"
S/S collection: "HANDMADE IN ENGLAND"
Quarter Century anniversary. 25 years since Stephen Jones opened his first hat salon in Endell St, Covent Garden.
Collections: Basso & Brooke, Antonio Berardi, Giles Deacon, Christian Dior Haute Couture, Prêt-a-porter, Ski & Baby collections, John Galliano, John Galliano Homme, Ghost, Iceberg, Keita Maruyama, Emanuel Ungaro. Capsule collection exclusively for Liberty of London.
Fashion Shows: Fashion show in Colombo, Sri Lanka in association with London College of Fashion & Moratuwa University. Bridal Show in Nagasaki, Japan in collaboration with Suehiro.
Exhibitions: Artwork contributed to The Tate Gallery's '40 Artists, Forty Days' Olympic Gallery. Artwork contributed to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Exhibition, at the Science Museum, London. 'Hats Galore' exhibition at Andrew Logan travelling Museum of sculpture, Berriew, Wales. Sculpture shown at Peanuts Life Design Exhibition, Suntory Museum, Tokyo Japan.
Commissions: Millinery and costumes for Kylie Minogue 'Showgirl' tour. Hats for Marilyn Manson 'Against all Odds' tour. Hats for Mick Jagger for the 'Rolling Stones on Stage' tour. Millinery for Immodesty Blaize's show 'Burlesque', London. Millinery for Lady Windermere's Fan at the Gate Theatre, Dublin. Hats for MAC, Pirelli, Usher, Moloko. Created Fragrance 'Eightieslut', to coincide with I.D. magazine's 25th anniversary I-Dentity exhibition at the Fashion & Textiles Museum, London.
Publications: Cover design for 'Frivolité' by Patrizia Roversi. 'Fashion Forever' by Iain McKell, 'ALT365' by Andre Leon Talley, 'Zandra Rhodes a lifelong love affair with textiles' by Zandra Rhodes. Projects Part of a British design delegation to Palestine and subsequently created MIP,'Made in Palestine' design collective. Address to the Shanghai International Fashion Federation.
Awards: Awarded Chevalier de la confrérie des Chapeaux de Caussade et Sept Fonds, France. Nominated as accessory designer of the year.

A/W collection: "LA PRIMA DONNA"
S/S collection: "HOLLYWOOD REGENCY"
Collections: Azzedine Alaïa, Antonio Berardi, Roberto Cavalli, Roberto Cavalli Uomo, Christian Dior Haute Couture, Pret-a-Porter, Golf, Rain, Ski and Surf collections, John Galliano, John Galliano Homme, Ghost, Iceberg, Keita Maruyama, Milk, Emanuel Ungaro, Gibo by Julie Verhoeven.
Fashion Shows: in Dubai in association with Saks 5th Avenue, Breast Cancer Care, London.
Exhibitions: 'The London Look' at Museum of London UK, '21st Century Dandy' British Council touring exhibition, 'Hats & Gloves' at City Gallery Leicester, 'Body Extensions' at MUDAC, Lausanne, 'Excess' at Pitti Foundation, Florence Italy, 'Wild: Fashion Untamed' at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
Commissions: Dita von Teese as Gala Dali for film on Salvador Dali, new hat for British Airways stewardesses and operations staff, Tara Palmer-Tompkinson for Walker's Sensations, Beyoncé for L'Oreal advert, MAC Cosmetics, Shiseido Hanatsubaki, Futsuke, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Kylie Minogue, Usher.
Publications: wrote 'My First Vogue' feature for Vogue UK, contributed recipe to forthcoming publications: 'Designer Food, A Fashion Cookbook'. Published 'La Galeriá de Galliano' on Stephen Jones Millinery website to celebrate 10 years of Collaborations with John Galliano, wrote booklet on AW 2004 muse Simonetta and a copy accepted by the Reference Library, The Metropolitan Museum, NYC to accompany her clothes, Stephen Jones studio featured as a 360º panopticon on Showstudio.com.
Personal Appearances: invited to Dubai World Cup, U.A.E. and Melbourne Cup, Australia as judge of 'Fashion on the Field'. Lecture to the Millinery Association of Australia, judge at European Hat festival at Keukenhof, Holland.
Awards: Nominated as British Accessory Designer of the Year, voted Milliner of the month on Millinery.info website.

A/W Collection: "POSEUR"
S/S Collection: "SOUTH"
Collections: Gibo / Julie Verhoeven, Ashley Isham, Julien Macdonald, Pringle, Antonio Berardi, Emanuel Ungaro, John Galliano, Christian Dior, Keita Maruyama, Rafael Lopez, Walter van Beirondonck, Hardy Amies, Ghost, Roberto Cavalli.
Created collection of hats to co-ordinate with John Galliano's first men's collection.
Created collection of hats to co-ordinate with Christian Dior's first Ski collection.
Hats featured in fashion shows for charities Wildlifeline and Breast Cancer Care in London, featured in Suehiro bridal fashion show in Japan; participated in 'Life Ball' with Anna Piaggi in Vienna.
Compered men's fashion show in 'The Week of Hats' for the British Hat Guild & Macmillan Cancer Relief.
Judged the Elle magazine 'In Your Dreams' special issue.
Created costume and headdress for film for Selfridges 'Bodycraze' exhibition.
Contributed to Manolo Blahnik's exhibition catalogue for the Design Museum, London.
Appeared in the VOGUE USA editorial 'Alice In Wonderland' as the Mad Hatter.
Exhibitions: '21st Century Dandy' British Council exhibition exhibited in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia and Tel Aviv, 'Salad Dressing' exhibition in Copia: The American Centre for Wine, Food & the Arts, California USA.
Commissions: Top Shop, Lady P and Parker in Thunderbirds, Pink, Tori Amos, Alison Goldfrapp, Dita van Teese.
stephenjonesmillinery.com

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

wow thanks Scott

15-10-2005

^you're welcome,JR

15-10-2005

I hope you all don't mind but I went ahead and changed the title to include all his collaborations and works....we don't have a formal topic of his work and since we are on that path....

15-10-2005
front row

his working is truly amazing!!!

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

He is so creative, I like him alot.

V.I.P.

I'm a new fan of his work!

17-10-2005
a dim capacity for wings

early stephen jones creations from this awesome site http://us.geocities.com/theblitzkids/index24.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stejonesid1a.JPG (15.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg stjoneshat1.jpg (52.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg stjonesid82a.JPG (18.6 KB, 0 views)

17-10-2005
front row

He also did the spectacular crowns for Comme des Garcons S/S 2006. Here's one...many more in the collection thread.

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ i like them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jones, millinery, stephen