How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2005
windowshopping

I have a pair of Weekdays jeans "Cheap Monday" and I like them, the quality aren't too bad, the jeans are okey, but i would rather choose a pair from Acne, Nudie or Replay.

I don't wear my Cheap Monday so often beacuse im tierd of all people who wears them all the time, evreywhere. . .

Last edited by Lulli; 12-08-2005 at 07:28 AM.

12-08-2005
windowshopping

i'll drink to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by julletman
Filippa K - boring, usual clothes that could be necessary in your basic closet
Boomerang - absolute boring, for older person
Tiger of Sweden - lowclass, with some nice suits
J.Lindeberg - creative, but just so ugly.
Acne - read the acne jeans thread
Nudie - ueck!

12-08-2005
windowshopping

it's true, it seems like they're cut off from the rest of the world and go their own fashionways.. The only brands i know that were mentioned in this thread are filippa k. (which is opening a store in september over here in fashion heavyweight Antwerp), nudie (which is momentarily **** on in Belgium), acne (mostly sold in stores together with g-star and lindeberg with a touch of victor and rolf), and J. Lindeberg. It's true that these brands are all quite new and perhaps have some potential, but here in Belgium they don't sell very good. I think lindeberg is a cheap version of Prada sport (as if prada sport isn't cheap enough, i hate prada sport!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
It´s funny to see that there seems to be an own fashion scene/taste in Sweden, with brands that you´ll have a hard time finding elsewhere! It´s still a big no-no for a lot of people to wear superskinny jeans where I live, yet on the other side, I always hear how very "mainstream" they are up in the north... is everybody slim enough to wear them??!

12-08-2005
windowshopping

If you do buy a Cheap Monday jean, you have to remove the really ugly patch in back.

Last edited by julletman; 12-08-2005 at 07:39 AM.
12-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
It´s funny to see that there seems to be an own fashion scene/taste in Sweden, with brands that you´ll have a hard time finding elsewhere! It´s still a big no-no for a lot of people to wear superskinny jeans where I live, yet on the other side, I always hear how very "mainstream" they are up in the north... is everybody slim enough to wear them??!
Slim jeans are quite common in Sweden and may be considered "mainstream", and it doesn't seem as if it is a specific group of people who are wearing them. As in Denmark, I guess we are a step behind when it comes to really slim jeans and clothes. Fashionable people and young people with a "highschool"/punk/goth/trash look seems to be the only ones who has picked up on this look. It s definately not considered common here...
Norweigians tend to be stuck on Diesel kind of clothes.... (no offense)
Fashion is more a "one-way street" in Sweden reagarding peoples looks and even the labels...it's pretty much the same they make all of them.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyish
Norweigians tend to be stuck on Diesel kind of clothes.... (no offense)
Eek! Am feeling totally offended! But you're almost right.. Miss Sixty is the uniform here. Norwegians can't really brag about style at all...

We do have some really good up an coming designers, though:

- So Hee
- Sølvi Høibakken
- Moods of Norway

We are a little behind, but we're getting there!

12-08-2005
windowshopping

Shoppimg facilties in Norway is really bad.. That's why we're so stuck on these plain diesel jeans etc. If you feel like going shopping in Norway, the only real alternative is Oslo :p Norwegians dresses like crap, really.. That's mostly because it's a country where people live "on the country" if you see my point.. These sorts of people have no interest in fashion, trends or what so ever.. They only care about having the fanciest tractor

I'm not saying all Norwegians dresses like crap though :p Going out for a beer in my hometown, Molde, i have seen trendy and weldressed people aswell.. But it's more like this

12-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandinavianchic
Eek! Am feeling totally offended! But you're almost right.. Miss Sixty is the uniform here. Norwegians can't really brag about style at all...

We do have some really good up an coming designers, though:

- So Hee
- Sølvi Høibakken
- Moods of Norway

We are a little behind, but we're getting there!
I didn't say that you dont have talented upcomming designers. But As you say yourself, Miss Sixty, Diesel and even Energie I guess is the most common thing in Norway. I've been to Oslo a number of times and the shopping... quite rankly sucks. Sorry i like your country though.. nice people and everything.

12-08-2005
V.I.P.

There's nothing wrong with Miss Sixty, Diesel or Energie! That's what people can afford, if it's the real deal though not plagiat!

12-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
There's nothing wrong with Miss Sixty, Diesel or Energie! That's what people can afford, if it's the real deal though not plagiat!
If it is a money issue... there are many better alternatives to those brands mentioned above. They are exactly the cheapest if I remember right. No remarks on the quality its probably ok. But seriously these clothes have no identity...

12-08-2005
scenester

cheap quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by julletman
Cheap Monday is ****.
The quality sucks, you can hardly call it jeans. Its very stretchy jeans, that is so slim that it can hurt. Then the waist is too big so it looks strange.
But if you are half thin, and want to look really thin, this is perfect. Almost everyone looks slim.
The best with them are the price - around 40 euro. (400 swedish crones)

A little collection
http://www.weekday.se/

Hey, the jeans arent so nice like it looks like... or maybe... hey, im gonna go give it a try again and im coming back to y'all!
I agree, cheap monday has the...worst quality, esp the blue denims my friend had a pair and they coloured both his white trainers & shirt
And they explanation they gave him was, "you should have been informed and that this was common because they havent been washed unlike all their other jeans.

Add to this that they fade and shink alot

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyish
I didn't say that you dont have talented upcomming designers. But As you say yourself, Miss Sixty, Diesel and even Energie I guess is the most common thing in Norway. I've been to Oslo a number of times and the shopping... quite rankly sucks. Sorry i like your country though.. nice people and everything.
I really don't agree with you on that. Norway has gotten some excellent stores the past 2 years:

- Tryllepikene (great website: tryllepikene.no)
- Boa
- Kiman Woman
- Kemt
- Kamikaze (very expensive)
- L'emigrante
- Benedicte Ferner
- Zenit
- Bruuns Bazaar (I know, it's danish )

12-08-2005
front row

Stenberg, I think the only decent shopping in Scandinavia is to be found in Copenhagen. At least there's Storm with Balenciaga, Raf Simons, Dior Homme etc. Helsinki is like Oslo, though the general attitude is getting very very Stockholmian cause all of those Swedish brands, Acne and Filippa K especially, are way too popular among the kids. It's quite funny that none of the REALLY talented Scandinavian designers are appreciated in their own countries. An-Sofie Back has done great collections in London with the stylist Mattias Korlsson for years and Patrik Södestram definitely is worth of following, so why waste time on talking about someone like Johan bloody buggary Lindeberg... And Filippa K, can someone really call a label with Gappish tees and bad Branquinho knock-offs fashion? The Danes have been more kind to their breed of cool brands like Camilla Staerk, Peter Jensen, Henrik Vibskov and WoodWood, though also Denmark is known for awful crap like Bruuns Bazaar and Day, not to mention all that dodgy high street stuff... You Norwegians should be proud of Siv Stoldal, her menswear's absolutely great. Us the Finns haven't had anything to offer after Marimekko's heyday and that was over 30 years ago...SAD!

Last edited by tuomas; 12-08-2005 at 09:42 AM.
12-08-2005
windowshopping

Hehe, I've never been in copenhagen actually.. But i've heared positive things about the shopping facilities in Copenhagen...

I'm not such a fan of J. Lindeberg myself actually.. They have a few things i like..

I was just so suprised when i read from Waldner that Tiger Of Sweden was one of the brands i hated most.. I fancy Tiger Of Sweden alot.. Great blazers, shirts and ties.. They may be a little plain, but i would absolutely not say boring.

Hehe, Norwegians don't even know about Siv Stoldal or Ann-Sofie Back.. :p
Take a walk down Karl Johan in Oslo. 25-30% know their names :p
Probably because designers from Norway move to Paris or London etc. They have 1-2 shows in Norway before they move to countries where the media covers more fashion and the branch is 10 times bigger.
That's sad.

12-08-2005
space-force garçons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuomas
...... Us the Finns haven't had anything to offer after Marimekko's heyday and that was over 30 years ago...SAD!
Tuomas, u have Ivana Helsinki.

I rather enjoyed shopping in Copenhagen, especially the smaller shops off the Stroget. Stockholm is not too bad too but I do find the shops too dispersed.

Last edited by whizkit; 12-08-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, swedish