How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Swedish Clothing
I've heard that swedish clothing is really in right now. Labels Like Acne, Nudie, Julian Red and Cheap Monday. A magazine in sweden said that:
- Those who are trendy wears swedish labels.

Is that right?

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Haha, wow.
I can tell you this - in Sweden they are far far from trendy. ACNE is nearest, but far from trendy.
Cheap Monday on the other hand has the cheapest (and slimmest) jean you can found. Around 40 euro (400 swedish crones)

But I sure hope so, Sweden - the new fashioncapitol.

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Hehe
Swedish designers has made a big step into the fashion industry in just a couple of years.. Brands such as J. Lindeberg, Tiger Of Sweden and Nudie are in top quality and looks really good as well..

You shop these brands at Zoo-Village or Yoox for instance.

Here where I am from, in Norway, brands i mentioned above, is popular brands. I'm not sure how this is in other parts of europe. But i'm sure you will something that suits you

Stenberg.

11-08-2005
The mod squad

I Tiger Of Sweden

V.I.P.

There seems like alot creative designers/companies coming from sweden. Like some of the ones menchend and deisgners liek Ann Sofie Back and Patrick Soderstam.

rising star

I would definentely not call it top-quality. Tiger and JL are possibly the brands I hate the most in the world, and while Nudie, Acne and so on, seem to have gained kind of a super designer status (at least in sweden), i personally think most of it is crap. You can pick up a few nice pieces here and there but I'm still bored by the fact that swedish fashion, and especially the idea of male fashion seems to be stuck in an search for its own identity.

11-08-2005
slightly dizzy

Agreed, it's not top quality most of the time. But when we're talking labels, let's not forget Filippa K. It's one of the most popular ones.

I actually found a great Filippa K sweater a while ago, I'm still in .

11-08-2005
yes

a swede told me that Boomerang is a cool Swedish brand too

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldner
I would definentely not call it top-quality. Tiger and JL are possibly the brands I hate the most in the world, and while Nudie, Acne and so on, seem to have gained kind of a super designer status (at least in sweden), i personally think most of it is crap. You can pick up a few nice pieces here and there but I'm still bored by the fact that swedish fashion, and especially the idea of male fashion seems to be stuck in an search for its own identity.
Why do you hate Tiger? I can understand your dislikes against JL. It's a brand you eather hate or like.. But Tiger producer classy blazers, belts and also some Ties I don't see anything wrong with the quality of both products..

But anyway.. I don't fancy swedish shopping that much neither.. Just the brands i mentioned.. I have none experience with Acne actually.. Seen som sneakers from them.. They were cool

Stenberg.

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Of what i've seen of Boomerang, it's not that cool.. Quite plain if you ask me

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
Agreed, it's not top quality most of the time. But when we're talking labels, let's not forget Filippa K. It's one of the most popular ones.

I actually found a great Filippa K sweater a while ago, I'm still in .

Oh yes, Filippa K

11-08-2005
rising star

Tiger has poor quality and atleast to me, very boring design, there's simply no edge to it. And you've got to hate the belts, and the ads, and the sweaters, and most of the rest as well...

11-08-2005
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
They make good basics, it's fairly good quality but it's not exactly cool... More preppy-esque.

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldner
Tiger has poor quality and atleast to me, very boring design, there's simply no edge to it. And you've got to hate the belts, and the ads, and the sweaters, and most of the rest as well...

I would say that's a rather harsh allegation. But somehow i find it a bit impressive as well.. I guess we have different points of view in this case

11-08-2005
scenester

I haven't liked the recent stuff from Tiger. But to me the quality isn't so bad.
The thing I really like about Tiger though, is their "tailor made option" which makes it possible to get a suit or just a suit jacket that really fits... in a great cut and so on...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, swedish