How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-10-2010
V.I.P.

Target to Launch Dress Collection with all of its Designers (Rodarte, Luella etc)
To mark the fifth year of its collaborations with designers, Target has tapped 17 past participants in the Go International program to introduce the Go International Designer Collective line.

Target will introduce the collection of 34 dresses on March 13, at most of its stores and at Target.com. The collection will be available through April 10. Luella Bartley, Tara Jarmon, Paul & Joe, Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Libertine, Alice Temperley, Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon, Tracy Feith, Rodarte, Zac Posen and Tucker created dresses for the collective. Only Patrick Robinson of Gap declined, saying he had other commitments.

source: wwd

i this idea! i wonder what the rodarte dress will look like!

27-10-2010
fashion insider

I like the idea.I think Rodarte did a line for Target before and I liked it better than their high fashion work.

oh! darling

If I've done my math correctly, 2 dresses from each designer. These bad boys are gonna go faaast.

V.I.P.

Yay!!! It would be even better if they each designed 2 accessories as well.
Super excited for this...can't wait to see previews.

Last edited by stateofbliss; 27-10-2010 at 06:59 PM.
27-10-2010
V.I.P.

it may be that these are just re-treads of the dresses that sold out the quickest. im hoping its all new items.

V.I.P.

here is another excerpt from wwd, some blogs are "reporting" that the dresses are going to be re-issued and not new items. however, the WWD story does not indicate this.

To mark the fifth year of its collaborations with up-and-coming designers, Target Corp. has tapped 17 past participants in the Go International program to design a series of dresses.

The retailer will launch the collection of 34 dresses, called Designer Collective, on March 13 at most of its stores and on target.com. The merchandise will be available through April 10.

The designers represent the range of talent targeted by the retailer. The program has touched on a variety of styles and aesthetics ó from laid-back California looks to glamorous black tie to avant-garde. Luella Bartley, a Brit, and Tara Jarmon, a Parisian, were the first and second in the series, followed by Paul & Joe, Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Libertine, Alice Temperley, Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon, Tracy Feith, Rodarte, Zac Posen and Tucker. Patrick Robinson was the only designer to decline, saying he had other commitments.

Go International was launched in 2006 after Target identified a need to capture more teen spending. When the program launched, each designer was available in stores for three months. Since then, that time has been cut to 45 days to keep things fresh and to allow for Designer Collaborations introductions, a separate program whose participants have included Alexander McQueen, Anna Sui and Jean Paul Gaultier.

Go International reportedly represents more than $100 million in sales. Target introduced a Go International private label collection in 2008 for the periods when one guest designer cycled out of the store and the next one hadnít launched yet. (wwd)

windowshopping

Looks like I'll have to hit up Target more often.

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

*gasp* OMG please let me get a better job so I can afford any of this...

28-10-2010
oh! darling

How much have these dresses retailed for at full-price? And, have they been available at all Target stores across the country or only in select few big cities?

backstage pass

Luella <3

I'm excited for this!

tfs star

I wish Target shipped internationally! I will always kick myself for missing out on that Rodarte collection... the blue swiss-dot dress.... sigh.

03-11-2010
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargirl52 View Post
I wish Target shipped internationally! I will always kick myself for missing out on that Rodarte collection...
same here. this is unfair!

05-11-2010
girl who fell to earth

isn't jovovich-hawk no longer in business?
i find it surprising that they're on the list...

and i know luella shuttered her line (right?)
i guess this could still be a good outlet for her though...

08-11-2010
Looking Up

^ Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don't even know who Target is, but didn't Luella go bankrupt? Maybe she's designing under a different company or name.

09-11-2010
rising star

Can't wait! I really liked Erin Fetherstons line but I was unable to get any pieces. Maybe this time I will get a dress.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collection, designers, dress, launch, luella, rodarte, target