How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2012
#LFW

Theyskens' Theory Pre-Fall 2013
(Click for HQ!)

style.com

07-12-2012
#LFW

(Click for HQ!)

style.com

07-12-2012
#LFW

(Click for HQ!)

style.com

07-12-2012
rising star

The leaning is the most obnoxious thing Ive seen all year. Apart from that, the clothes look nice.

V.I.P.

Love so many pieces here! The first half isn't too impressive but I love every outfit in post #3 except for the brown cropped sweater and printed pants and the shiny suit in the last pic. I really dig the checkered trench coat and that log khaki 'skirt' (?). I'm glad there's less volume an less unnecessary fabric mixes in this collection than the last few seasons. And nice to see some normal, flattering skinny jeans in his collection for once. The wedge boots are great, too. The only outfits I really dislike are the one with the jumpsuit and the overly conservative outfit in the picture next to it. I think this is a very sexy and cool collection.

07-12-2012
backstage pass

i actually don't mind the model's pose I just find the background such a contrast from the actual clothes it's distracting me

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

it's so easy to wear, and I love that!

07-12-2012
tfs star

Soooooo, Olivier is designing an American sportswear brand, and Alexander Wang is designing for an avant-garde European brand. And this makes sense to whom?

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

I LOVE it - that big wrap military-like brown skirt is so awesome I want it right now!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

07-12-2012
fashion icon

Theysken's theory has become one of my favorite, the whole collection looks solid and wearable to me.

08-12-2012
V.I.P.

So wearable, slightly urban, and simply cool. As usual, so many cool, effortless, and wearable separates.

tfs star

Does anyone else share the sentiments with me that the Theyskens' Theory collection looks like a consistent repeat of the same formula, again and again? From a designer of his calibre, it's a pain to see the kind of streetwear that Rag & Bone or Alexander Wang would design - The contemporary niche really isn't where his talent shines well, I would rather have more expensive and better finished Olivier Theyskens clothes rather than to see the same pieces repeated every season with inferior construction and and fabrics... sad!

08-12-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat View Post
Does anyone else share the sentiments with me that the Theyskens' Theory collection looks like a consistent repeat of the same formula, again and again? From a designer of his calibre, it's a pain to see the kind of streetwear that Rag & Bone or Alexander Wang would design - The contemporary niche really isn't where his talent shines well, I would rather have more expensive and better finished Olivier Theyskens clothes rather than to see the same pieces repeated every season with inferior construction and and fabrics... sad!
Yes. Well said. Thank you.

08-12-2012
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
Soooooo, Olivier is designing an American sportswear brand, and Alexander Wang is designing for an avant-garde European brand. And this makes sense to whom?
yeah---
but based on theyskens' work at theory, it does...

i'm with tric...
he's turned into a one trick pony and i was bored after the first collection...

as difficult as it is for me to say this, i prefer wang to this stuff...

09-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat View Post
Does anyone else share the sentiments with me that the Theyskens' Theory collection looks like a consistent repeat of the same formula, again and again?
Hmm, I'm actually not sure I agree with that. I do think the Theyskens' Theory look is very refined and distinctive but I also always see so many new elements in every collection, I find him to be even more innovative than what I'd expect from a brand like Theory. Maybe I'm biased because the TT aesthetic is right up my alley but I do usually enjoy his collections (though I didn't like S/S 2013 at all) and am always excited about what he comes up with every season. Although he's probably limited with what he can do for this brand. I would definitely love to see him design for another brand in addition to Theory. But I think what he does for Theory is so good and I would say designing wearable and chic street wear has definitely been proven to be one of his talents, too.

I do, however, completely agree about it getting annoying how his lookbooks are always shot from that angle and the hair being styled like that. Looks super awkward, especially in this one. And the pixelated background here doesn't help, either. It looks cheap and amateur-ish.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, prefall, theory, theyskens