How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2013
fashion icon

I was scared when I saw first six looks, apparently the rest was fantastic.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

From wsj.com:

Quote:
Mrs. Obama chose a navy Thom Browne coat and dress with fabric designed on the style of a man’s silk tie. The first lady wore the ensemble as she and her family entered St. John’s Episcopal Church across from the White House for a service, a tradition on Inauguration Day.
Michelle Obama's inaugural ensemble seems to be a derivation of these two looks.

Last edited by agee; 21-01-2013 at 11:25 AM.
21-01-2013
fashion icon

^I think it was a custom designed dress that Michelle wore, but definitely created from aspects of this collection. I'm so in love with her inauguration outfit, it was beautifully constructed. Now, onto this collection, I'm really impressed, Thom Browne knows how to create looks that are amazingly put together, you just know they are well made and tailored, and I have a lot of respect for that. And there are some really gorgeous pieces that I'd love to have in my closet (especially some of those dresses and that tailored grey jacket).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, browne, prefall, thom